Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not Trying To Offend Anyone.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
terrible in what way?

besides no name in the title... what do you see so terrible?
Not enough HYPE ??? or maybe wrong category???

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Hmmm, I remember some controversy about the LBJ auto in the Razor presidential product. I think it was Therion that thought the sig was secretarial? Wonder what he thinks of this one?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Bad listings aren't as big of a deal to me when they're BIN/BO... yeah they might not get to enough people as quickly as a good listing, but unlike an auction, there's no limited time frame to find your buyer.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
whats so bad? Lets hear some actual reasons :)

I was curious because the OP was so moved by this auction that he went and posted about it. Yet backs it up with no info

to me its an average auction in every way, if your going to post at least back up your statement with a reason so we actually know where youre coming from.... might help some newbie listing something.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
fkw said:
terrible in what way?

besides no name in the title... what do you see so terrible?
Not enough HYPE ??? or maybe wrong category???

Not having a name in the title is huge, if someone happens to be looking for a lyndon b johnson cut, they will never find this card, not to mention not having the word "auto" or "signature" in the title either. To each there own, i was just saying that incase this was a board members auction, they need to do a better job on the title, to get more views, which in turn would help them sell the item. That's all.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
good point, but Ive been on eBay for 13+ years and when I search I use "autograph" or "signed".....

to us oldschool guys an "auto" is for driving :)

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
fkw said:
good point, but Ive been on eBay for 13+ years and when I search I use "autograph" or "signed".....

(auto*,sig*) is the way to go, yo

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
fkw said:

With eBay's character limits, a lot of listings just use "auto." You'll miss out on several listings if you don't use "auto*" when searching (gets both "auto" and "autograph").

For the money this card should sell for, the optional second line with LBJ's name and Lady Bird's spelled out would have been warranted. A "@@@@@LOOK!@@@@@" would also be a great idea.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Mighty Bombjack said:
fkw said:

(au*,sig*)
and if necessary, add on -auth* to remove all the Authentic, unless you want an autographed SP Authentic, then maybe auto*

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
gracecollector said:
fkw said:

With eBay's character limits, a lot of listings just use "auto." You'll miss out on several listings if you don't use "auto*" when searching (gets both "auto" and "autograph").

For the money this card should sell for, the optional second line with LBJ's name and Lady Bird's spelled out would have been warranted. A "@@@@@LOOK!@@@@@" would also be a great idea.

Agreed 200%

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
[quote="Mighty Bombjack":2umhhsry]
fkw said:

(au*,sig*)
and if necessary, add on -auth* to remove all the Authentic, unless you want an autographed SP Authentic, then maybe auto*[/quote:2umhhsry]

Interesting. Why "au"? Do some people list that alone? Seems strange.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In other news, this is probably the best looking cut I've seem come from the product.

I've only seen one or two LBJ autos in the past, but I believe this one is authentic...probably should go look at comparables before saying that though.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Mighty Bombjack said:
Interesting. Why "au"? Do some people list that alone? Seems strange.

"AU" is the symbol for autograph in hobby publications like Beckett...maybe ill-informed sellers list them with the "AU" tag?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="D-Lite":2oat2yw1][quote="Mighty Bombjack":2oat2yw1]
fkw said:

(au*,sig*)
and if necessary, add on -auth* to remove all the Authentic, unless you want an autographed SP Authentic, then maybe auto*[/quote:2oat2yw1]

Interesting. Why "au"? Do some people list that alone? Seems strange.[/quote:2oat2yw1]

Cause "au"...with the asterisk, will search for any words that start with the characters "Au". Auto, authentic, autograph, etc.. and show them in the results.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Fandruw25 said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
[quote="D-Lite":1md71ad2][quote="Mighty Bombjack":1md71ad2]
fkw said:

(au*,sig*)
and if necessary, add on -auth* to remove all the Authentic, unless you want an autographed SP Authentic, then maybe auto*

Interesting. Why "au"? Do some people list that alone? Seems strange.[/quote:1md71ad2]

Cause "au"...with the asterisk, will search for any words that start with the characters "Au". Auto, authentic, autograph, etc.. and show them in the results.[/quote:1md71ad2]
Exactly. I've seen some with just AU, like Beckett as also mentioned. Just gets you a few more random hits.

Members online

No members online now.