Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Chipper calls out J-Hey, your thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Heard the announcers talking about this last night, and now Buster Olney has a video blog talking about it. Original article in the Atlanta Journal Constitution...

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blo ... -on-field/

I'm a big Heyward fan, so I would hate for him to rush back and get hurt so bad it effects his career. Also, Chipper got called out by Brian Jordan last year for being for being so frail, so maybe Chipper isn't the best guy to be talking about this. However, the Braves are confident there is no structural damage to the shoulder, and Heyward has been on and off the DL a lot more than other guys his age, and if this were Nate McLouth or some other guy struggling to keep his spot on the team, the Braves would say get your a** out there and play or you'll ride the AAA bus the rest of the season. Seems like a very ironic situation.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I think if he's "80%" he needs to be out there. If we had anything resembling an offense at the moment that would be one thing, but we're struggling in a major way swinging the sticks at the moment. And I think you're dead right about how he would be sent packing if he weren't Jason Heyward. Go talk to Prado if you want to talk about playing hurt. I swear he must be made of steel because he is always getting beat up but he's out there every night.

Granted, Chipper's spent his share of time on the DL, but those were pretty serious injuries. I guarantee you that 22 year old Chipper would play through this.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
hahahahaha a grown man that goes by "chipper" has no say in anything. what a tool.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
koal said:
hahahahaha a grown man that goes by "chipper" has no say in anything. what a tool.

Chipper is a HOF-bound veteran who has stayed with the same team his whole career. He can say just about anything he wants as long as it's for the good of the team in my opinion.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Keep it in house. Im sure if Heyward could play he would be playing right now. It isnt always the players decision.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
elmalo said:
Keep it in house. Im sure if Heyward could play he would be playing right now. It isnt always the players decision.

I would doubt that most of the time it's the players decision.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
sheetskout said:
koal said:

Chipper is a HOF-bound veteran who has stayed with the same team his whole career. He can say just about anything he wants as long as it's for the good of the team in my opinion.

Not really sure how publicly questioning a teammate and the heir apparent team leader can be good for the team.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
phillyfan0417 said:
sheetskout said:
koal said:

Not really sure how publicly questioning a teammate and the heir apparent team leader can be good for the team.

I'm not saying I agree completely, but you don't think Chipper though about what he stated before he said it?

Some players need a kick in the ass sometimes.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
sheetskout said:
phillyfan0417 said:
sheetskout said:
koal said:

I'm not saying I agree completely, but you don't think Chipper though about what he stated before he said it?

Some players need a kick in the ass sometimes.
So do it in house. Why air your dirty laundry to the rest of the country?

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
sheetskout said:
elmalo said:

Exactly. It isnt. So even if he wants to come back it doesnt mean they will let him.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
It appears that he will be a guy who will put up nice numbers every year, but will also miss 2 months every year. Unfortunately, he will fade away after a few years and be another "cant miss" failing to live up to the his potential due to frailty or attitude. Wouldnt be surprised since I traded Stanton for him early in my fantasy season. I just had a gut feeling I was going to lose on the deal.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
elmalo said:
sheetskout said:
elmalo said:

Exactly. It isnt. So even if he wants to come back it doesnt mean they will let him.

Because maybe it was at that point. I love the fact that speculators think they know 80% of what happens in a clubhouse when in reality we probably know around 10% of the players thoughts, feelings, and situations. Anyhow, you'd rather doubt a stand-up, 20-year vet over a guy with under 700 AB's?

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
sheetskout said:
elmalo said:
sheetskout said:
elmalo said:

Because maybe it was at that point. I love the fact that speculators think they know 80% of what happens in a clubhouse when in reality we probably know around 10% of the players thoughts, feelings, and situations. Anyhow, you'd rather doubt a stand-up, 20-year vet over a guy with under 700 AB's?
Or maybe Chipper being the team leader is a media thing and his isnt really the leader of that clubhouse, especially if he has to make it public.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
henderson939 said:
It appears that he will be a guy who will put up nice numbers every year, but will also miss 2 months every year. Unfortunately, he will fade away after a few years and be another "cant miss" failing to live up to the his potential due to frailty or attitude. Wouldnt be surprised since I traded Stanton for him early in my fantasy season. I just had a gut feeling I was going to lose on the deal.

This is an interesting thought. Maybe JHey will follow another prominent, young Brave from years ago - Andruw - and will be written off at age 33.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Considering how many times Chipper has rushed back from an injury only to hurt himself worse in the process, maybe he should keep his mouth shut.

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
first off he didnt give his self the name chipper. and 2nd thats what baseballs know him as his whole career. no different than ken griffey being called junior

koal

Aug 7, 2008
sheetskout said:
koal said:

"chipper" also cheated on his wife with a hooters waitress. hall of fame all the way.

Members online

Latest posts