Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Bautista never ceases to AMAZE me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I was just looking at the MLB stat leaders on ESPN and I was shocked when I saw this....

Jose Bautista is
• 1st in MLB in BA (.348)
• 1st in MLB in HR (20)
• 1st in MLB in R (48)
• 1st in MLB in BB (55)
• 1st in MLB in OBP (.500)
• 1st in MLB in SLG (.727)
• 1st in MLB in OPS (1.227)

The only major statistic that he does NOT lead the Major Leagues in RBI's (41). Making him 15th in the MLB.

If only Jose played on a big market team ::facepalm:: I can't imagine what his cards would go for if he wore some blue pin stripes :shock:

I applaud Jose for putting in such hard work and proving everyone wrong. I look up to this man :geek:

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
GarkoCollector said:
Too bat the rest of the team isnt getting on base. Can only account for 1 RBI by yourself.
Exactly, I'm sure he would put up monster RBI numbers if only he was on a team that produced consistant base runners.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
azbaseballfan said:
GarkoCollector said:
Too bat the rest of the team isnt getting on base. Can only account for 1 RBI by yourself.
Exactly, I'm sure he would put up monster RBI numbers if only he was on a team that produced consistant base runners.

Toronto leads the AL in runs scored.

It's just really spread out. Look at Lind, who missed a month, and Arencibia.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
braden said:
azbaseballfan said:
GarkoCollector said:

Toronto leads the AL in runs scored.
It's just really spread out. Look at Lind, who missed a month, and Arencibia.
I did not know that! Very interesting

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
wolf324au said:
The guy has a 31:55 K:BB ratio. That's crazy even if he is being pitched around.
I would say he is easily the most feared hitter in baseball so obviously he is getting pitched around. But that is not to take away from his eye at the plate. He has a very good eye.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
stevezimmer22 said:
pigskincardboard said:
What blew my mind was that matt kemp was actually number one ahead of bautista in fantasy...

Steals are a category as well in fantasy baseball.

Well yah! As a Torontonian, I just thought Bautista was so far ahead of everyone else that there was no way in hell he wouldn't be number one.

Kemp's 17HR/50RBI/40R/.320/ isn't all that far behind .346/20/41RBI/47RB even without the steals.

Members online

Latest posts