Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A running list of players who deserve more hobby love

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
js0000001 said:
Larry Doby

HOF

1st African American to play in the American League
He doesnt just need more hobby love, he needs more love from baseball and the country as a whole. It is an injustice that he doesnt get nearly the recognition that he deserves. I would also put Minnie Minoso in that category. Highly underrated player and the first black latin star in the majors.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Bryce Harper. He is a God and he is so dreamy. We really dont even deserve the blessing of seeing him play.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
yeah with all the ________ deserves to be in the Hall, guys like Mathews and Frank Robinson don't get nearly the love
they should. It actually makes me kinda sick.

Kevin

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
I'm going to second Mathews and Spahn. Two of the greatest to ever play at their respective position and their stuff is dirt, dirt cheap.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
blitzerlover said:
I'm going to second Mathews and Spahn. Two of the greatest to ever play at their respective position and their stuff is dirt, dirt cheap.
Not Mathews 52 Topps.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Jim Thome...one of the more underrated players of all time.

Quentin hits a few home runs, and then one of his appendages falls off.

Agree on many of the other names listed.

Would have also said Billy Williams, but he's getting some unexplained love this year.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
chashawk said:
Jim Thome...one of the more underrated players of all time.

Quentin hits a few home runs, and then one of his appendages falls off.

Agree on many of the other names listed.

Quentin has been doing really well this year. Seems to be locked in like he was in 2008.
I know what you are saying by having a limb fall off but I also think that is the Cub fan in you talking too. :lol:

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
blitzerlover said:
elmalo said:
blitzerlover said:
Not Mathews 52 Topps.

I with third this, the Milwaukee Braves players do not get as much love as they should. Spahn is argueably the 2nd best Lefthander if not best lefthander to ever play the game. Eddie Mathews gets forgotten because of Hank Aaron who also doesn't get much love.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Pitchers never get any love, unless its Strasburg.

Mathews was soft spoken, Aaron was bitter.

Lets make a list of all the baseball players who hit 500 home runs AND batted .400

ok go...

Kevin

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I was also thinking about Don Drysdale

He was almost as good as Koufax but never has seen half the accolades

Members online