Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any good shops in Washington DC/Baltimore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zupster

Aug 8, 2008
Will be in the Washington D.C./ Baltimore area for a few days next weeka nd was wondering iof there are any good shops in these areas. Would love to hit them up while I am there if possible. Thanks!

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
If you come to Baltimore, then you should check out the Baseball Card Outlet on Eastern Ave near Interstate 95 (East Baltimore/Dundalk area). Plenty of cards, wax, supplies and memorabilia. Ask for either Dave or Scott - good guys. Mention them that Bobby preferred you to them.

Not a big fan of the Dugout Zone in Ellicoitt City - wax are a little more expensive.

Other shops aren't that good - too much on memorabilia than cards/wax.

Hope that helps. No idea about DC, except there's Blowouts in Sterling/Dulles.

ktothep

Aug 7, 2008
I didn't know Blowout had a storefront. I'm right near there for work. Probably gonna stop by on my way home.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
House of Cards is good. Good employees and you can bargain on singles. They had a 2009 Ultimate patch /35 of Zimmerman in their case for $75 and I bought it for $45. Fun old school shop.

Babbaloie

Nov 9, 2010
Has Blowout opened their storefront yet? I was over that way a month or so ago and it wasn't opened.

I can also put in a plug for http://www.collectorscornerva.com/ in Sterling. It's a pretty okay place. Nice wax and decent singles selection. Cost was pretty much what you'd expect from an LCS.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
All good suggestions, but dang, Sterling, Dundalk, Silver Spring...not a short drive.

To the OP, depends on where you are staying while you are here. Silver Spring is the closest to DC. Dundalk is a hike as well as Sterling. There are a few shops in the area, but they either charge too much or focus more on memorabilia. I go to a really small shop in Gaithersburg (another hike) called C&C Sports and Memorabilia. The owner is really cool, but his selections is not always that great. He does carry a bunch of singles, but wax is always limited. His prices are fair but they will not compare to Blowout's online prices.

There's also a small shop in Potomac. I forget the name, but it's inside a small shopping mall called Cabin John Mall. His prices are extremely high but he has quite a bit of wax (go figure...at those prices!!!) They also deal more in memorabilia. I haven't gone to the store in Silver Spring, but if you are in DC or around DC, Silver Spring is not that long of a hike.

Last, there's a place is Fredrick, but that's almost as bad as driving into Baltimore from DC. I've read about a few stores in VA as well (Fairfax?) That's not too bad of a hike.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
ktothep said:
I didn't know Blowout had a storefront. I'm right near there for work. Probably gonna stop by on my way home.

They don't. And they won't let you go to the warehouse.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I used to live near University of Maryland and there was a small shop in Beltsville, right of the highway. It was call J&K Sportcards. Not sure if it's still there but the owner Joe was a great guy.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
excel_B said:
If you come to Baltimore, then you should check out the Baseball Card Outlet on Eastern Ave near Interstate 95 (East Baltimore/Dundalk area). Plenty of cards, wax, supplies and memorabilia. Ask for either Dave or Scott - good guys. Mention them that Bobby preferred you to them.

Not a big fan of the Dugout Zone in Ellicoitt City - wax are a little more expensive.

Went here last weekend and liked it.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Brad said:
excel_B said:

Went to where, Brad?

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
excel_B said:
Brad said:
[quote="excel_B":3if0j4sh]If you come to Baltimore, then you should check out the Baseball Card Outlet on Eastern Ave near Interstate 95 (East Baltimore/Dundalk area). Plenty of cards, wax, supplies and memorabilia. Ask for either Dave or Scott - good guys. Mention them that Bobby preferred you to them.

Went to where, Brad?[/quote:3if0j4sh]

Baseball Card Outlet

Members online