Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USA Baseball Announces Inaugural "Prospect Classic"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Doc...I was the only one who responded when JP posted this yesterday...therefore I'm obligated to post here.

Looking forward to it, and it's about time they did something like this. The Collegiate and 18U teams are both full of "equals" regardless of age o it makes perfect sense. It would have been great to see some of the young 18U players like Almora play against the Collegiate guys at 16 just to see where they actually are.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
docsilvey said:
What I wish is that the Collegiate Team would play some games closer to Philly! Every year it's New England and North Carolina :(
Well...USA Baseball is located here in NC, and their new (2-3 year old) facility is amazing. Offices in Durham NC, National Training Complex in Cary NC.

Plus, Cary/Durham is "only" about a 7-8 hour ride right? Same with Boston. It could be worse...JP is 12-13 hours away.

docsilvey

Aug 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The closest they get this year is Holyoke, MA. Google maps estimates about a 4-hour drive from my town. Seriously thinking about going on a road-trip with the family...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:
I wonder if we'll see the 16U team take on the 14U team someday.

That's silly.

18u vs. 16u is a better match-up physically.

If you saw the difference between a 14-yo and 16-yo you would understand.

It was a joke.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I saw the 18u team play last year at Midway Stadium. Canada beat them though :shock: The only reason they were in MN was because the tourney was at Port Arthur Stadium in Thunder Bay, Canada.

It was fun. I wish I could be in NC for the Classic...

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:

That's silly.

It was a joke.

even though this post was a joke, dont be so sure about a 14 v 16 my 14yr old is 6'1" snd 190 lbs and strikes out the 16 yr olds with regularity in high school jr legion and travel ball. 14 v 16 would be closer than you think

hagausaf

Nov 23, 2008
Tampa, FL
bowmanchromeandorr said:
Jaypers said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
Jaypers said:

That's silly.

It was a joke.

even though this post was a joke, dont be so sure about a 14 v 16 my 14yr old is 6'1" snd 190 lbs and strikes out the 16 yr olds with regularity in high school jr legion and travel ball. 14 v 16 would be closer than you think
must be all the performance enhancers then cause a 14 yo striking out a 16 yo is impossible otherwise ::facepalm::

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I went to the website to buy tickets, but I couldn't see anywhere to do so. I'm feeling slower than usual tonight, so can anyone lead me in the right direction? I want tickets to the July 2nd game in Cary, not the July 1st game in Durham. Please and thank you.

Latest posts