Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Onfield@Threshers game... + Photos of Phillies & my son...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
...so I'm bored here and I don't want to work... It's a Friday, and I got done with trial on Thursday and just not motivated to work.

Since my team was sponsored by the Clearwater Threshers (score!), we decided to have our end of the year party at... a Clearwater Threshers game! So, last Saturday, we went for our party, including all you can eat burgers, dogs, peanuts, chips, ice cream, & soda.....

I referred to this game in the fat guy thread - I'm the smaller of the two fat goatee'ed guys... and my son is one of the catchers (he's a 1bman, p, and c, but primarily a catcher, and he wanted to meet sebastian valle. of course, this is the one day that kyle lefranz catches. (sigh) ).

Picture1473.jpg
Picture1475.jpg
Picture1481.jpg
Picture1482.jpg
Picture1484.jpg
Picture1485.jpg
Picture1489.jpg
Picture1494.jpg
Picture1497.jpg
Picture1498.jpg
Picture1501.jpg
Picture1503.jpg
Picture1504.jpg
Picture1505.jpg
Picture1510.jpg
Picture1516.jpg
Picture1518.jpg
Picture1519.jpg
fist.jpgATOMIC FIST BUMP
Picture1529.jpg
Picture1532.jpg

Picture1533.jpg
Picture1548.jpg

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Re: On field at Clearwater Threshers game... (photo intensive!)

You kid is getting big Jeff! I remember some of the 1st pictures you posted of him on the old boards.

Looks like a great time and I am sure they will remember it forever!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Yeah, the kids - and the parents - all had a really really good time. Fireworks after the game, too, cinched the deal.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

mchenrycards said:
You kid is getting big Jeff! I remember some of the 1st pictures you posted of him on the old boards.

I was going to say that too...can't wait till the 20_ June Draft to see him drafted by the Phillies!

I remember the old pics too...especially the ones with Schmidty.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008

Is #9 a girl? Or just a boy with long hair?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

PeteD said:
mchenrycards said:

I was going to say that too...can't wait till the 20_ June Draft to see him drafted by the Phillies!

born in 2000... so 2022. Let' ssee, he's going into 5th grade now, would be c/0 2012 for 5th grade... class of 2019 in HS, so likely 2022 Bowman Chrome Draft.

NEver got any pics with Schmidt - not when he was a hitting instructor, not when he was a manager with the Threshers. Not very fan friendly.

#9 is a boy. Our closer, actually.

I'll scan all of the pix I have autographed soon.

Here's one....

milt.jpg

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.

Jeff N. said:
PeteD said:
mchenrycards said:

born in 2000... so 2022. Let' ssee, he's going into 5th grade now, would be c/0 2012 for 5th grade... class of 2019 in HS, so likely 2022 Bowman Chrome Draft.

NEver got any pics with Schmidt - not when he was a hitting instructor, not when he was a manager with the Threshers. Not very fan friendly.

#9 is a boy. Our closer, actually.

I'll scan all of the pix I have autographed soon.

Here's one....

milt.jpg

Yeah, he was just posing near the dugout if I remember.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI

Thanks for the pic's- I am going to be in Clearwater at the end of the month and catching 2 games vs Brevard County. Any advice on where to stay, where to eat, get autographs.
Its just going to be me and the wifey on a short vacation to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary.

Thanks in advance

pujolsmvp2005

Nov 12, 2008

Jeff N. said:
Yeah, the kids - and the parents - all had a really really good time. Fireworks after the game, too, cinched the deal.

Hey Jeff,

Those were some awesome pics!! I lived in Clearwater for 6 years and recently moved back to the north east. Man, I had some great times in that Stadium throughout the years. Thanks for including the pictures, hopefully I'll be back there sometime soon.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Exposfan said:
Thanks for the pic's- I am going to be in Clearwater at the end of the month and catching 2 games vs Brevard County. Any advice on where to stay, where to eat, get autographs.
Its just going to be me and the wifey on a short vacation to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary.

Thanks in advance

Any hotel in the area is fine... You should be able to figure out the nice ones. THe stadium is NOT on the beach, so determining what's important to you should lead to your hotel stay. Frankly, if I didn't live here, I'd go to a beach hotel and drive the 10-20 minutes to the stadium.

As to where to eat -- any seafood restaurant is usually good, especially the ones on Clearwater beach (I can direct you to less populated beaches than Clearwater beach). For breakfast, you GOTTA go to LEnny's, which is just a block or two away from the stadium, and Delco's steaks for a Philly cheesesteak (interestingly, I had lunch at Delco's with a Phillie and a player who is now in the Phillies org that was traded for Cliff Lee (from Seattle) at the end of Spring Training a few months ago)...

As for autos -- the players sign quite a bit for kids, and the players all come in from the left field corner and walk down the left field line to the dugout on the third base side. You can buy a ticket and sit almost anywhere; you'll know when the guys are signing, but it'll be between left field and the 3rd base bag. Rarely do they sign between the dugout and home plate.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

ok... promised pix of my kid as he's grown with the Phils... here goes a few more

Most are auto'ed, some are not. No particular order.

Scan10230.jpg
Ryan Madson

Scan10228-1.jpg
Scott Mathieson
Carson actually said, "Scott -- in 5 years, you'll be in my living room".

scott.jpg
Scan10226.jpg
Zack Segovia

Scan10227-1.jpg
Kyle Kendrick

Scan10224.jpg
Wes Helms

Scan10225.jpg
Chris Roberson

Scan10222.jpg
Marlon Byrd

More to come!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Scan10223.jpg
Jason Michaels

Scan10221.jpg
Michael Bourn

Scan10220.jpg
Billy Wagner @ the Tiki Bar in left field.

Scan10216.jpg
Aaron Rowand

Scan10218.jpg
David Bell

Scan10219.jpg
Bobby Abreu

Scan10217.jpg
Gavin Floyd (this is one of my favorite pix)

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Scan10215.jpg
CHase

Scan10210.jpg
CHase #2

Scan10213.jpg
Cory Lidle (RIP)

Scan10212.jpg
Cory Lidle and his son and my son. :cry:

Scan10229.jpg
Milt Thompson

Scan10207-1.jpg
Abe Nunez

Scan10211.jpg
Dom Brown

Scan10209.jpg
Pat Burrell
Scan10204-1.jpg
Mike Lieberthal

Scan10208.jpg
Ryan Howard

more coming...

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Great Pics. I am leaving in 5 hours- with GCL and FSL games, along with 1 Rays vs Reds games I can see 11 games in the 5+ days I am there(weather permitting). Can't wait.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Nice pics! I can't wait until my son is old enough to enjoy baseball.

Also, Denys Baez looks like he either just murdered someone or he really has to poop.

Members online

Latest posts