Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How long until The Jesus is called up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
It's a matter of when at this point. Cervelli has thrown 3 balls into the outfield in the last two games, he can't catch anyone when the throw is moderately accurate, and he's swinging a noodle bat out there. Martin's glass slipper has finally broken with the bad back issue. Posada seems to be coming around a little, but when you're talking about a .195 average being progress, you're just fooling yourself.

So now seems the perfect time for Montero to get the call. He can at least play a serviceable C and his bat usually gets hot around this time. 4-5 days, after he gets a few games in at AAA after the eye infection?

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
While I like Cervelli, attitude and hustle and all, he really is kind of a waste. he cant hit and he isnt a good catcher.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Cervelli can't hit, can't field.
Swisher can't hit, can't field.
Posada can't hit, can't field.

I'd say now would be a good time.

Might as well call up Jorge Vasquez to DH. He mike strike out 1/3 of the time in AAA, but he has some legit power. Worst case scenario, he is another Shelly Duncan.

If a third of the Yankees lineup wasn't a deadzone I would be much happier.

They called me crazy when I said I wanted Swisher during the ALCS. He didn't go to first when he was hit by a pitch in the then proceeded to strike out, than he jumped out of the way of a pitch that would have hit him, then K'd yet again.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
frzg said:
I haven't really followed Montero in the past, but whats been up with his power #'s?
Down at the moment, but the contact rate is fine and he's not striking out a ton. Started slow last year as well, but MUCH slower. Hitting around .300 right now with I believe 4 HR isn't terrible, the power is there, just not connecting on it.

Of course he could hit half as well right now and be better than Cervelli. They just can't keep trotting Frankie out there every day right now while Martin is on the shelf. Makes Jorge the backup C and there's bad defense and offense as a result.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I think he will be called up on the third day. I could be wrong though. Let me check my math.

Day 1: No Montero
Day 2: No Montero
Day 3: Montero!

Yup, he will be called up on the third day.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
vwnut13 said:

Might as well call up Jorge Vasquez to DH. He mike strike out 1/3 of the time in AAA, but he has some legit power. Worst case scenario, he is another Shelly Duncan.

They called me crazy when I said I wanted Swisher during the ALCS. He didn't go to first when he was hit by a pitch in the then proceeded to strike out, than he jumped out of the way of a pitch that would have hit him, then K'd yet again.
Yet with all of these problems they are competing for first place.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
elmalo said:
vwnut13 said:

Yet with all of these problems they are competing for first place.
It absolutes amazes me. Took 6 of 9 on the west coast swing and could've had the Felix and Pineda games too.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Twitter quote from The Jesus.

The Jesus: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any your crazy sh*t with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the f*cking trigger till it goes "click".

:lol:

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Just in from Twitter. The Jesus finds out that he wont be called up on Saturday to face the Indians, but will be called up on Wednesday to face the Rangers according to Girardi.

The Jesus: What's this bullsh*t? I don't f*ckin' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the f*cks in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have f*cked Cleveland in the ass Saturday. Now I f*ck Texas in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
henderson939 said:
Just in from Twitter. The Jesus finds out that he wont be called up on Saturday to face the Indians, but will be called up on Wednesday to face the Rangers according to Girardi.

The Jesus: What's this bullsh*t? I don't f*ckin' care! It don't matter to Jesus. But you're not foolin' me, man. You might fool the f*cks in the league office, but you don't fool Jesus. This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha! I would have f*cked Cleveland in the ass Saturday. Now I f*ck Texas in the ass next Wednesday instead. Wooo! You got a date Wednesday, baby!

Hahahaha! Post thanked! Best film.

Members online