Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Angels to release Kazmir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I thought it was odd with how Tampa gave up on Kazmir so quickly.

Tampa Bay wouldn't even wait the season out to trade him and was willing to release him for nothing until the Angels called.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Its what happens when a player gets rushed to the Majors before he learns to pitch. Kazmir got by on 'stuff' for so long but eventually the 'stuff' wasn't as good. But he was unable to adapt because he never learned location. Struggled with it here in St. Pete even when he was an All-Star.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
ballerskrip said:
TOny Reagins is AWESOME

Bobby Abreu's vesting option
Vernon Wells
Scott Kazmir

Keep it up bro.....

The Vernon Wells thing is awful, no one would get near that contract he took all of it and gave up a tradeable chip in Napoli. Also I think one of his worst moves was firing Eddie Bane because of their reported feud. Obviously I wasn't there to see what happened between the two, but Bane had done a very nice job with the farm system and I thought they completely whiffed on the last two years in the draft.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
stevezimmer22 said:
ballerskrip said:
TOny Reagins is AWESOME

Bobby Abreu's vesting option
Vernon Wells
Scott Kazmir

Keep it up bro.....

The Vernon Wells thing is awful, no one would get near that contract he took all of it and gave up a tradeable chip in Napoli. Also I think one of his worst moves was firing Eddie Bane because of their reported feud. Obviously I wasn't there to see what happened between the two, but Bane had done a very nice job with the farm system and I thought they completely whiffed on the last two years in the draft.

The problem was that Eddie is TEN TIMES the baseball man that Tony is. Tony is clueless. There are 100 people on these boards who know more baseball than him. I truly believe that Tony was uncomfortable around Eddie who should have been names the GM. THere is no reason in the world that Tony should have got the job, not one. I worked with both of these guys for a year, and it wasn't even close. ****, I would have MUCH rather have had Abe Flores, who was the head of baseball ops, and is now current head of player development, as the gm over Tony.

I am not surprised one bit that he has had issues. I posted here 10 times when he got the job that this would be a disaster.

skrip

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Id like to see Kazmir here in Arizona

I still think hes worth something and a shot in the pen at least

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Good news for me. I need his 2002 UDPP Autograph card for my set. Anyone have one for really cheap? :D

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
jrinne said:
Good news for me. I need his 2002 UDPP Autograph card for my set. Anyone have one for really cheap? :D

Hell...I paid $120 for mine (graded a BGS 9.5) a few years ago but last time I heard, they were fetching around $40 raw. I'm surprised you haven't already picked one up cheaply as it is.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Right now the Angels are probably just shopping him to see if anybody will take him before he clears waivers on Sunday. Then I see the Padres, Yankees, or Cardinals turning him into a situational pitcher.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Can't see anybody picked him up before he clears waivers. He's owed a prorated portion of his 12 million salary for this year plus a 2.5 million buyout for next. The Rangers used to be high on him and there were always lots of trade rumors but I can't see them getting in on him. I remember some talk on MLB radio that he wasn't real receptive to changes in his delivery a couple of months ago.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Kazmir is done. He tops out at 89-90 mph with zero command. In order to be a situational lefty out of the pen, you need to throw strikes which aside from the drop in velocity, is his biggest problem. One interesting stat which was pointed out a few starts back in AAA was that through his first 60 pitches, he only generated one swing and a miss...YIKES!??!?!?!!?!

Members online

Latest posts