Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Received a great addition to my DP collection yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Hey guys and gals, hope everyone is doing well.

I met a collector through ebay recently that had some very nice David Price cards and an amazing patch collection.

We spoke via email and eventually worked out a deal where I sold one Price patch and traded another. I received my end of the trade yesterday and could not be more excited to add the card to my collection and was extremely surprised by the additional cards included.

I traded this:
15JAR-DPDavidPrice.jpg

For this:

ScannedImage111610000.jpg

And the gentleman was kind enough to include the following as well:

ScannedImage111610001.jpg

ScannedImage111610002.jpg

I am very happy with the trade and blown away by the generosity.

Casey

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
That's a gorgeous Topps Patch card! I'd much rather have a chase card from Topps than Topps Unique.

Allen

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Stupid question, so 5/20 has a HUGE patch and 6/20 just has a jumbo jersey...no sign of a patch?! Is this the "norm" for this product?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Messier2 said:
Stupid question, so 5/20 has a HUGE patch and 6/20 just has a jumbo jersey...no sign of a patch?! Is this the "norm" for this product?

The non-patch is the norm. Draw your own conclusion.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Do you have the Topps Diamond diecut redemption? If not I'll send you mine, whenever I figure out how to request Topps send them to me

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Thanks for the comments guys! I'm very happy with the trade as I had tried to purchase the patch I traded for before and it went out of my card budget so I passed it by.

Messier2 said:
Jastermereel said:
The non-patch is the norm. Draw your own conclusion.
I have actually seen quite a few from Peak Performance that had nice patches in them. I also saw each of these cards on ebay fairly soon after release, so if the first was altered it would have had to been done fairly quickly. Collector I received it from is also very trusted. I know I can't be 100%, but I'm confident it is authentic.

Greg Cleveland said:
Well, you could always try to add a signature to that big white space on the "patch" card! Nice pick ups!
Thanks Greg. I've tried the auto on patch/jersey before and it didn't turn out well, maybe I could use a different style pen:
20PP-7DavidPrice-2.jpg

JoshHamilton said:
Do you have the Topps Diamond diecut redemption? If not I'll send you mine, whenever I figure out how to request Topps send them to me
I haven't picked one up yet and keep missing them on ebay when they pop up. I'd be happy to send you paypal for it if you want to send me a pm with what you want for it. Thanks buddy.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
JoshHamilton said:
I'll send it to you when I get it. I like helping out team and player collectors
Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I'd be more than happy to send paypal your way whenever you get it in.

Thanks,
Casey

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
Jeff N. said:
Are you sure the patch is real?

I have a few Prices to scan to you - if you need them theyre yours.
I don't really have any indication that is it anything other than real. The card, on inspection, shows no signs of tampering and the collector I received it from is very trusted. The other card #6/10 does make us aware that Topps made these without patches, but the Peak Performance set has many prime patches in it. Without any evidence to the contrary I really have no worries about the card.

Sure Jeff, that would be great. I have most all of my DP collection scanned into the link in my sig if you want to check there before sending anything. I appreciate the generosity.

I was in Tampa/St. Pete for a few hours on 5/29 and 6/5, just to catch and return from our cruise.

Casey

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:shock:

that is an awesome trade for you!

i dont doubt that it's real as ive seen some sick patches from the topps set.

a no brainer and a great add to the dp collection, casey!

dave

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Those look great. I think you would've seen some serious evidence of patch faking along the sides but it looks pretty clean. Especially at the bottom where it sorta has that flag ripple type cut would've caused problems.

I mean, hell, the one you traded away looks like it has a greater shot of being fake than the one you got back. There's always going to be a shot that something's fake... even if you pull the damn card it could probably still be an elliot johnson patch. I think if you start worrying too much you'll drive yourself nuts. Don't be stupid, but don't be paranoid either.

Great pick-ups. I should have some Price Serials if you're interested.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
daveyou said:
:shock:

that is an awesome trade for you!

i dont doubt that it's real as ive seen some sick patches from the topps set.

a no brainer and a great add to the dp collection, casey!

dave

Zan said:
Great addition Casey
Thanks guys. A few DP patches sold on ebay recently (one of which I sold the collector that traded me the above cards) and they went for well more than I imagined, DP's prices might be on the rise..... right out of my price range, lol.

Casey

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
pigskincardboard said:
Those look great. I think you would've seen some serious evidence of patch faking along the sides but it looks pretty clean. Especially at the bottom where it sorta has that flag ripple type cut would've caused problems.

I mean, hell, the one you traded away looks like it has a greater shot of being fake than the one you got back. There's always going to be a shot that something's fake... even if you pull the damn card it could probably still be an elliot johnson patch. I think if you start worrying too much you'll drive yourself nuts. Don't be stupid, but don't be paranoid either.

Great pick-ups. I should have some Price Serials if you're interested.
I agree, I don't put much thought into a card being fake unless there is a hint of it somewhere.

Depends on what you have available, if you want to shoot me a message with the cards maybe we can work something out. Thanks.

Casey

Members online

Latest posts