Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big paypal problem - accepted payment at show, please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey all,

I set up at the White Plains show in May and sold $160 worth of Mike Piazza cards to some guy in his early 20's. I had sold to him at shows in the past and he always goes to the White Plains shows. He only has about $40 cash on him and asks if he can pay me via paypal. I don't really think much of it and let him sign in on my ipad and pay.

Fast forward to today. The scumbag OPENS A CLAIM against me which says he has asked the credit card company to reverse the charges from the May 14th transaction.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Am I screwed? I distinctly remember he said he was friends with Matt Rizzotti and I have all of his personal information, hell I could pick him out of a 1000 person lineup, but obviously have no proof of shipment because I handed him his merchandise.

Any advice?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I have accepted paypal at shows but only as gift payments. Not smart on your end to do it the way you did. Hope it works out!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
J-Rod said:
I have accepted paypal at shows but only as gift payments. Not smart on your end to do it the way you did. Hope it works out!

I was afraid of this. I told him to pay me via gift and he said there was some problem when he tried to do that. This ***** knew what he was doing, fat bastard. I'm so livid. I know I'll see him again and I'll make sure he never buys another card at that show again. WP dealers, pm me for his info and a picture of this sloppy animal.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
matchpenalty said:
That sucks. Wonder if any of WP guys know the guy. Should have known when he didn't want to gift the $.

In retrospect that's easy to say but again, he has bought from me in the past and I certainly didn't anticipate anything like this. Too much faith in humanity, unreal what scumbags people can be.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
Wow that sucks sorry to hear about that incident. I'm always amazed at the lengths people go through to rip other people off. I really hope that you are able to get your money back (or keep it I guess). Maybe you can ask paypal for his address and send him big steaming pile of dog doo with delivery confirmation of course :lol:

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
Hey all,

I set up at the White Plains show in May and sold $160 worth of Mike Piazza cards to some guy in his early 20's. I had sold to him at shows in the past and he always goes to the White Plains shows. He only has about $40 cash on him and asks if he can pay me via paypal. I don't really think much of it and let him sign in on my ipad and pay.

Fast forward to today. The scumbag OPENS A CLAIM against me which says he has asked the credit card company to reverse the charges from the May 14th transaction.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Am I screwed? I distinctly remember he said he was friends with Matt Rizzotti and I have all of his personal information, hell I could pick him out of a 1000 person lineup, but obviously have no proof of shipment because I handed him his merchandise.

Any advice?

John you are screwed. Please pm me the info. This guy wanted piazza stuff off me.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
jcmint said:
JEA2880 said:
Hey all,

Any advice?

John you are screwed. Please pm me the info. This guy wanted piazza stuff off me.

PM me to please. I'm selling a ton of very nice Piazza patches and auto's. I don't want anything to do with this shitbag.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I appreciate the notes from everyone, I was at a wedding last night through this morning so haven't had a chance to respond until now.

Once this thing plays out, I'll be more than willing to post his name, picture, and E-mail address so no one else gets hosed.

Jeff - how would I even pursue legal action with the police?

WP dealers - do any of you think that the show promoter would want to know about this and have any advice?

Thanks,
John

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i know exactly who you are talking about and he had asked me the same thing if he could paypal me, and i said gift only, and he passed. If i remember he had a good looking girlfriend ( dumb bitch ) which makes it even worse.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
JEA2880 said:
I appreciate the notes from everyone, I was at a wedding last night through this morning so haven't had a chance to respond until now.

Once this thing plays out, I'll be more than willing to post his name, picture, and E-mail address so no one else gets hosed.

WP dealers - do any of you think that the show promoter would want to know about this and have any advice?

Thanks,
John

Tell the police exactly what happened, tell them you'd like to make a report for theft and wire fraud.

I'd tell the promoter. I'd tell everyone. But as I said, I'd definitely contact him.

Hell, if you want me to contact him, I'll make a phone call as your attorney. PM me.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Jeff N. said:
JEA2880 said:

Thanks,
John

Tell the police exactly what happened, tell them you'd like to make a report for theft and wire fraud.

I'd tell the promoter. I'd tell everyone. But as I said, I'd definitely contact him.

Hell, if you want me to contact him, I'll make a phone call as your attorney. PM me.

That is kickass.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts