Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Member!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Hey everyone--
My name is Cody, and I'm a new member on the site. so far I love it!! This is the first card forum I'm apart of, but have been collecting for years. I'm 19 yrs old, and turning 20 here in a few weeks! Started collecting when I was about 10 yrs old or so with my Dad, and haven't stopped since. I collect mainly baseball cards, along with football, and the only hockey I have collected in the past is my fav player Ryan Kesler of the Canucks. As far as baseball goes, the players I've tried to collect most of is Griffey Jr., Mantle, and hopefully someday some sweet Koufax cards if I get lucky with packs or have enough money to buy them. Anyways, sorry for the long intro..this is a really cool site and I look forward to posting more with it!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Welcome.

If you need anything in regards to the site, please let me know.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Welcome Cody. Feel free to post questions if you have them. If you need a moderator, look for the fellas with the bold blue usernames or the main honchos are red usernames.
Otherwise, good luck and welcome to FCB
Tom

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Thanks for the welcome! I was actually going to ask everyone a question about a card...I figured since I was joining a forum this would be a great place to ask. So i was going through cards last night...found a box of 2006 Bowman Chrome unopened in my closet. and I found some rookies and whatnot..but I came across a Carlos Gomez 1st Bowman Chrome card. I think it's a red refractor, it's #3/5. Thing is in greattttt shape. Any idea on what the value is? i might try and sell it. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Cody

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Welcome to the site Cody. For your first card site this is the best out there. As far as the card goes it helps to post scans or a pic so that the members can see exactly what you have some people won't even make an estimate without seeing it. In any case welcome to the site.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Okay I'll snap a pic of it...I don't have a scanner yet, which was my next question. Any suggestions for scanners? I want to get one...and I'll go get my camera now so you guys can at least see a pic or two of it

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Hey...sorry for the crappy pics :( its times like this where I really want a scanner!! lol but heres some pics of it. any help is awesome :)

057.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
Welcome to the site. That's a very nice card, unfortunately you may not get too much for it. Gomez is splitting time with Nyjer Morgan in Milwaukee. Gomez has amazing defense, but his hitting is what has him in the doghouse.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Oh okay, well thats a bummer :( I'm trying to finish restoring my 72 Nova SS so I was hoping I found something good to help out a little, but oh well! I guess it's a cool card. If I ever find a Gomez collector then I would be happy to sell them it. Thanks for the help

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Welcome aboard Cody!!! You must be pretty happy these days with Ryan Kesler and the Canucks on the brink of their 1st Stanley Cup. Stop by and post your Kesler pick-ups in the Hockey forums as well!!

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
G $MONEY$ said:
Welcome aboard Cody!!! You must be pretty happy these days with Ryan Kesler and the Canucks on the brink of their 1st Stanley Cup. Stop by and post your Kesler pick-ups in the Hockey forums as well!!

Thank you for the welcome! I was stoked to see the Canucks make it this year!! I started following them after my first game i went to up there a few years back, it was a great place to watch games at!! and yeah, after the first 2 games i was extremely confident, and then took a 180 after watching us play over in Boston...so last night was really nerve-racking! I just hope we win our 1st cup :)

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
boxbreaker44 said:
If you would have found that card 2 years ago you would be a wealthy man.

Base chromes were getting $10

Yeah :( i just called a friend from school about it and he said the exact same thing. that sucks! i actually cant believe i didnt even open the box until now, i completely forgot that i had it!

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
wideright said:
Welcome Cody! Have fun and stick around.

Thanks! I love the site, it's going to be fun having more people to talk to about the hobby because only 1 of my friends collects and other than that its my Dad and I around here. So I'm pretty excited to have more people who enjoy it as well.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Junior Griffey said:
Welcome to the boards! How many cards do you have in your Griffey collection?

Hey! I'm actually not sure, its hard to say. I've never really counted but I want to because I want to start really collecting Griffey cards with any spare money I get. As of right now I've got probably 20-25 upper deck rookies, including an Auto'd one. 5ish bellingham m's cards, some san bernardino cards, and a couple Jersey cards. And then typical griffey cards I've collected through the years. I've been a huge Griffey fan since I was little in the early 90's so he's my fav player and hope to collect many more of his stuff!

Latest posts