Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Met Bernie Carbo today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
Bernie Carbo was today's sermons guest speaker. For those who don't know who he is, first round pick for the Reds in 1965. Known more for his 2 pinch hit HRs in the 1975 World Serie for Boston. Few of you may not know that he was hooked on drugs during his career. Blazed, drank, and did speed before going deep in game 6. After the game he sat in his room crying, what should have been the best time of his life, he spent it hating life. Ending his career short due to drug addiction, he found himself laying in a hospital bed after relapsing in rehab. Sitting next to him was a pastor who introduced him to God, read him bible verse after bible verse. He took Jesus as his savior, repented, and asked for forgiveness. Bernie went back to rehab and beat his disease with God by his side no longer crying for him. Now sober for 19 years, he formed the Diamond Club Ministry. Spreading the gospel through baseball and helping others who maybe struggling.

As a recovering addict his story touched me greatly. It was an honor meeting him and helping me continue my journey keeping my nose clean. Bernie was kind enough to sign two cards of his that he had for a donation to his organization. What a fantastic start to my Bernie Carbo PC :mrgreen:

If anyone has any cards of his I am looking for EVERYTHING of his! Please PM me!

for more information about the Diamond Club Ministry here is the link to his website:

http://berniecarbo.com/

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Best story of the "Little Cokehead Who Could"

"On June 26, 1975, in a game against the Yankees, Carbo made a daring catch at the right-field wall at Fenway Park of a hit by Chris Chambliss, crashing into the wall and losing his chaw of tobacco, then asking the umpires for time so that he could search the outfield for the missing chaw; after holding up the game for nearly 10 minutes, he found it lying on the warning track and put it back in his mouth."

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Met him a couple of times around the Mobile area, never saw him not sign a baseball without the "God is Love" inscription.

During one of his baseball camps, he told a group of older man that he went a couple months of playing full nine inning games either hungover or high from freebasing cocaine. Now think about this. Richard Pryor sets himself on fire free basing and Bernie Carbo can hit a 95 MPH fastball free basing. Crazy.

Members online

Latest posts