Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Somehow Adrian Gonzalez is still underrated in Boston...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I'm no Sox fan, but this guy is absolutely DOMINATING right now and I feel like he's getting no love, especially in the hobby. Right now he sits at a cool .340 average (1st in AL) with 60 RBI's (1st in AL by 9!) and 13 HR's. Pretty dang impressive.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
JEA2880 said:
I'm no Sox fan, but this guy is absolutely DOMINATING right now and I feel like he's getting no love, especially in the hobby. Right now he sits at a cool .340 average (1st in AL) with 60 RBI's (1st in AL by 9!) and 13 HR's. Pretty dang impressive.

Boston's really weird. It's like the wealth gets spread around, big time rather than New York that really concentrates it amongst the top players.

It took Jon Lester forever to attain reasonable prices relative to his worth and he's still undervalued. It's just... odd.

I haven't looked at Gonzalez's prices, but I'm assuming that you're cheesed that they're not where they should be.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
pigskincardboard said:
JEA2880 said:

Boston's really weird. It's like the wealth gets spread around, big time rather than New York that really concentrates it amongst the top players.

It took Jon Lester forever to attain reasonable prices relative to his worth and he's still undervalued. It's just... odd.

I haven't looked at Gonzalez's prices, but I'm assuming that you're cheesed that they're not where they should be.

Nah not even that - granted I have a few of his cards, but nothing I'm sitting on trying to make a mint. There just seems to be no interest in him. It's just odd how someone can be so good and now in a huge market and still get little to no attention.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
pigskincardboard said:
JEA2880 said:

Nah not even that - granted I have a few of his cards, but nothing I'm sitting on trying to make a mint. There just seems to be no interest in him. It's just odd how someone can be so good and now in a huge market and still get little to no attention.
I am going to assume that the cards you are mentioning are of him in a Padres uni....that could have a lot to do with it.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
JEA2880 said:
pigskincardboard said:
JEA2880 said:

I am going to assume that the cards you are mentioning are of him in a Padres uni....that could have a lot to do with it.

Or Marlins uni.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
The Bruins are taking away much of the focus from the Sox right now. By the end of the year, with more cards with a Sox uni, I'm sure you'll see the (much-deserved) love.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Red Sox are on back back burner with Bruins getting all the pub in the city.

I'm sure Tony Maz on his geeky little baseball reporters show is still going on and on about Red Sox not getting Mark Tex and that Big Papi should have been DFA last May.

Latest posts