Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst team since 2000?

Worst Team Since 2000?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
No Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals on the poll?

and its tough to pick a team that made it to the World Series (Rays), no matter how bad their other years were this decade.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i voted Cubs. what is the teams payroll?????
icon_facepalm.gif

PetestillRose

Jan 6, 2011
Are you joking with the Cubs and the Rays? Come on. No Toronto? Seattle? Houston? Last time I checked, both of those teams had made the playoffs since 2000.

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
PetestillRose said:
Are you joking with the Cubs and the Rays? Come on. No Toronto? Seattle? Houston? Last time I checked, both of those teams had made the playoffs since 2000.

Houston made the world series in 05. The mariners were quite respectable with 116 wins in 2001. Toronto is in an amazing division so I give them some credit.

Cubs have been a trainwreck. Rays had like 2 good seasons.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
FOr me, it was a toss-up between Pittsburg and Washington, but I went with Pitt, simply because there is still no sign of anything much to get excited about. If you want to go with pure futility, then it's tough to make an arguement either way. But at least with Strasburg, Norris, Harper, and this last draft, there is sure to be some potential on the rise. What we have seen from the Pirates is drafting of somewhat exciting guys, and then trading them off.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
the Cubs self imploded in the 03 playoffs. made the playoffs in 07 and were sweept. made the playoffs in 08 and were sweept. they have had the 4th to 3rd highest payroll in baseball since 03. so with that said and how much has been spent on a team to win NOTHING > they are the worse. imo,if you have not won the world series, well.... you have won NOTHING!

PaulKonerkbro

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago- White Sox Fan
RandomH said:
PetestillRose said:
Agreed, we know you're a Cubs hater but since 2000 the Cubs have made the playoffs three times.

Nosterbor has a good point above you lad.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
OHHHHHHHHH by the way, as of today the FLUBS are just 2 games away from being the worse team in baseball in 2011 with the 6th highest payroll in baseball.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
nosterbor is just a bitter Cubs fan, as are many of us.

only reason they're on the poll, is because the OP is a mouth-breathing Sox fan.

Cincinatti, Houston, and Milwaukee should all be on that list before the Cubs, and thats just from their own division...::facepalm::

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
There was an article in the Valley News Dispatch (western PA newspaper) today stating that Paul Maholm has the most career wins by a Pirates starting pitcher since 1991. He has 49. Yep, 49 wins leads the team over the past two decades. Every other major league team has had at least two starting pitchers with more wins than that in the same time span. I love my Bucs, but I voted for them because it's the only right answer.

Members online

Latest posts