Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Jordan Zimmerman the most underrated pitcher in the bigs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Picked him up for my fantasy team the other day and he throws a gem in todays game:

7IP 4H 0ER 1BB 10K (ND)

His 8th straight quality start! Season ERA and WHIP now at 3.10 and 1.08 respectively. Yet you never hear his name! He is not a huge strikeout guy, but he can put up the high K #'s like today, and he doesn't seem to walk too many batters. It's most likely because he is on a small market team and hasn't been in the bigs very long, but he seems like a very reliable pitcher on the Nats. I think they are going to be a solid team in a few years with all of their young talent, specially if they lock up Clippard and Storen long term.

Thoughts?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
The Padres make plenty of pitchers look like studs ;)

But seriously, I do think he is vastly underrated.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
gonzagacubs said:
Basically he fell off a lot of people's radar when he had Tommy John surgery.
He recovered nicely...

EDIT: But yeah that could be another reason he is so underrated. I hadn't even remembered he had TJ surgery until you said that.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Zimmermann is sweet, he throws his fastball 94-96, is curveball is around 80, or at leaft in todays game it was. All his pitches have movement, He should get more strikeouts than he does. I love watching him every 5th day, Cant wait till is STrasburg Zimmermann as the 1-2 in the nats rotation

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
jeff550 said:
Zimmermann is sweet, he throws his fastball 94-96, is curveball is around 80, or at leaft in todays game it was. All his pitches have movement, He should get more strikeouts than he does. I love watching him every 5th day, Cant wait till is STrasburg Zimmermann as the 1-2 in the nats rotation
I had a feeling I would see you pop in this thread :mrgreen:

I wasn't sure what pitches he threw so that's cool. It helps when all your pitches have movement. :) Hopefully the Nats can up the run support from him so he can tack on some W's!

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
went to a Phills Nats game this year were he pitched extremely well against Cliff Lee. Fastest game I had ever gone too. Both were blowing through batters. Great game for both pitches, believe it was the first month of the season?

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
It's good to hear he is doing well. The people at my work gush about him since he is from the area and they know his parents well. I never however paid much attention to his career.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
scotty21690 said:
jeff550 said:
I had a feeling I would see you pop in this thread :mrgreen:

I wasn't sure what pitches he threw so that's cool. It helps when all your pitches have movement. :) Hopefully the Nats can up the run support from him so he can tack on some W's!
:D , if the nats had any offense at all, we would be a near .500 team, maybe over. Im hoping when Desmond heals he will start to hit like last year. YOu made a smart move picking him up IMO

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Is Phillip Humber more underrated than Jordan Zimmerman?

Really Seth? :lol:

2.95/.97 - Humber
3.10/1.08 - Zimmerman

Except Humber doesn't have 8 straight quality starts, and he can't strike out 10 batters in a game. ;)

Members online

Latest posts