Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thumbnail Poker Challenge: All slots taken!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here's my latest idea for a contest...with a fabulous prize up for grabs.

This challenge is open to the first 32 who state their intent to play in this thread. The head-to-head bracket will be developed shortly after we get a complete field.

NOTE: We must get 32 contestants in order to see this contest through.

In the meantime, here's a step-by-step explanation of how the "Thumbnail Poker Challenge" works:

1. Each contestant will go head-to-head against another contestant

2. Each contestant will be dealt a random "hand" of 12 player image thumbnails that appears when you visit the http://www.baseball-reference.com homepage. The thumbnails are randomly generated, and change every couple of minutes.

3. As host and dealer, I will be responsible for posting screenshots and timestamps of each "hand". So long as the thumbnail images change when I revisit the site, that is the contestant's "hand". There will be absolutely no screening or refreshing of images once a "hand" is dealt.

4. The object of the game is to accumulate the highest combined career total in one of 6 major categories:

Round of 32: hits
Round of 16: wins
Round of 8: stolen bases
Round of 4: saves
Round of 2: strikeouts
Final Showdown: home runs

5. Each round is single elimination, with the winner advancing to the next round

6. The contestant who advances to the final showdown will go head to head against me for a chance at the grand prize. If their hand beats mine, they win the ball, but agree to pay $20 for shipping/insurance.

NOTE: All hands leading up to the final showdown will be randomly dealt. However, the contestant in the final showdown will have the choice of which hand they wish to be dealt: the one with the earlier timestamp or later timestamp.

As anyone who has ever played one of my contests can attest, I run these games with the utmost integrity. Therefore, you can play with the confidence and knowledge that every "hand" generated from real time visits to http://www.baseball-reference.com are 100% genuine and randomly generated.

Enough with the details. Who's in? Again, the first 32 to the dance can play.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the prize:

Prize

A JSA Certified Baseball signed by 11 of the greatest power pitchers since WWII (#B51773). Approximate Value: $300.

NOTE: Kerry Wood's signature was obtained in March 2011 through MLB Alumni Association, so he is not listed in the LOA.

http://www.spenceloa.com

ball1.jpg

Bob Feller, J.R. Richard, Curt Schilling
ball2.jpg

Mickey Lolich, Sandy Koufax
ball3.jpg

Randy Johnson, Sam McDowell, Kerry Wood
ball4.jpg

Steve Carlton, Vida Blue
ball5.jpg

Nolan Ryan
ball6.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Re: Thumbnail Poker Challenge: Win a JSA Certified Signed Ball!

I'm definitely down to play.

You hold my favorite contests on the board! Still working on that game score contest!!

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010

I'm in, amazing prize. Thanks for the chance!

Edited after I fully read every line. Awesome gesture!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

Holy cow what a great prize. I would be interested also please.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008

I'll give it a shot.
Thanks for the contest.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

Im in. thanks so much for a generous gift for a lucky board member (me I hope)

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008

I'll gladly play. Pretty interesting concept.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts