Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another PWE shipper....I know beating a dead horse here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I ordered two cards for my set:

Jemile Weeks Razor Black auto $9.50

and

Brett Wallace Razor Black auto $34

First card was $2.75 to ship and .50 for each additional.

Well the cards show up in toploaders with no penny sleeves in a PWE. I was pissed but thankfully the cards were not damaged. I already knew i was leaving a neutral unless the seller was willing to refund the shipping. I email the seller and politely state my issue and about the horror stories of shipping in a PWE and that $3.25 was more then enough to ship in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation. Well i wait a few days and get no response so i just go ahead and leave neutral feedback. Well that got the sellers attention and he contacts me saying that "the cards would only be damaged if you maliciously did so" and that i was trying to rip him off. What a fool. I just added him to my blocked list and dont plan on buying from him ever again. Wouldnt have expected that from someone with almost 800 feedback.

Just figured i would pass this on

Sellers ID is freedomofspeach

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
moxacaine said:
I ordered two cards for my set:

Jemile Weeks Razor Black auto $9.50

and

Brett Wallace Razor Black auto $34

First card was $2.75 to ship and .50 for each additional.

Well the cards show up in toploaders with no penny sleeves in a PWE. I was pissed but thankfully the cards were not damaged. I already knew i was leaving a neutral unless the seller was willing to refund the shipping. I email the seller and politely state my issue and about the horror stories of shipping in a PWE and that $3.25 was more then enough to ship in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation. Well i wait a few days and get no response so i just go ahead and leave neutral feedback. Well that got the sellers attention and he contacts me saying that "the cards would only be damaged if you maliciously did so" and that i was trying to rip him off. What a fool. I just added him to my blocked list and dont plan on buying from him ever again. Wouldnt have expected that from someone with almost 800 feedback.

Just figured i would pass this on

Sellers ID is freedomofspeach

A PWE is not the worst thing in the world. I had some nitwit charge me $5.00 for shipping for one card because "UPS is safer than USPS". The UPS truck came and delivered the one card. I would have paid 3 and accepted it in a PWE. As long as the person knows what they are doing.....cardboard both sides, sleeve toploader and team bag and tape the bottom so the flimsy paper doesn't tear in a sorter, that is fine with me.

Jan 15, 2009
I had the same problem but nothing wrong witht the card. I also had this problem even though it was free shipping and the card was fine with: steveaczech

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
GiantsSuperCollector said:
I had the same problem but nothing wrong witht the card. I also had this problem even though it was free shipping and the card was fine with: steveaczech

If it was free shipping i would have expected it and not bid. If it was packed better in the PWE i wouldnt even made an issue but since they were not sleeved and only in a toploader i felt i needed to leave appropriate feedback.

It sounds picky but it really ticks me off.

qualitycards94

Dec 1, 2008
Absolutely right here. If you're paying 3.25 for shipping, and the guy sends you something with a 42 cent stamp on it, I'd be a little ticked. PLUS no penny sleeve, I'd hit him with a neutral, maybe a neg due to the response.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
qualitycards94 said:
Absolutely right here. If you're paying 3.25 for shipping, and the guy sends you something with a 42 cent stamp on it, I'd be a little ticked. PLUS no penny sleeve, I'd hit him with a neutral, maybe a neg due to the response.

I probably would have neg'd him because of his response but i had already left feedback.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Yea the guy could ship in a bubble mailer first class without delivery confirmation for 1.20 or less and still make money off the shipping. Glad your cards arrived ok.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I can't think of the specifics offhand, but if you're upset about paying that much for shipping, and just getting a PWE, you can report that auction to eBay saying they are overcharging shipping. I know eBay actually pays attention to these reports because that means the seller's making money eBay can't charge a fee for, or less of a fee (can't remember which there).

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I've received many PWE's, but the absolute worst I've ever had was a seller who threw three cards into a large (8X10+) bubble mailer without any type of sleeve/case for the cards whatsoever. Needless to say, they were damaged beyond any PWE shipment I've received.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think for the amount of the cards you paid (5 bucks shy of $50) it should have been mailed in a bubble mailer.I also hate when I get cards without penny sleeves.If the card is put in a toploader and no penny sleeve is there to protect it it will get scratched or scuffed.Every single time I have gotten a card with no penny sleeve I leave a neutral.This is unacceptable because every time I get one there is always a scuff mark on the card.

Latest posts