Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first non-prospect pickup in forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've always been a big fan of pre-war baseball history, especially turn of the century sorts of stuff. I'm fairly certain that as a young kid I read biographies on just about any Hall of Fame player from 1890 - 1930. One of them that I particularly like though was Nap Lajoie.

This of course caused me to become interested in picking up a GU Bat card of his - which are pretty tough to find. Well the other day I finally snagged one, a Triple Threads /9, it is pictured below - I have it in hand now and love it! Just had to share.

$(KGrHqF,!lcE3HSei4qRBN2b7Nv-pw~~0_3.jpg

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Great looking card and congratulations on the pick up. A T206 Lajoie bat off or portrait version is on my vintage want list.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
The other two guys aren't too shabby either! Nice card!

masonphillip said:
I'm fairly certain that as a young kid I read biographies on just about any Hall of Fame player from 1890 - 1930.

I'm fairly certain that you will want to reassess and rephrase this sentence. Unless you really aren't sure if you read those books... ;)

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
bout time you stopped acting like a prospect robot. Enjoy the card.

masonphillip said:
I've always been a big fan of pre-war baseball history, especially turn of the century sorts of stuff. I'm fairly certain that as a young kid I read biographies on just about any Hall of Fame player from 1890 - 1930. One of them that I particularly like though was Nap Lajoie.

This of course caused me to become interested in picking up a GU Bat card of his - which are pretty tough to find. Well the other day I finally snagged one, a Triple Threads /9, it is pictured below - I have it in hand now and love it! Just had to share.

$(KGrHqF,!lcE3HSei4qRBN2b7Nv-pw~~0_3.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Congrats on the pickup. The prices of unestablished top prospects really make the HOF stuff seem like a crazy bargain.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bear0555 said:
Congrats on the pickup. The prices of unestablished top prospects really make the HOF stuff seem like a crazy bargain.

Thanks...yeah, they sure do.

Members online