Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate having to make the decision...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
There is a Glen Perkins signing in the Cities this week. I will not be able to attend, but someone offered to get something signed for me.

I would love an OMLB, but I don't have the money for one, which leaves me with cards.

As many know, I have a large stash of base cards.

I already have an Allen and Ginter that I got signed. I have a ton of Heritages, and slightly dinged cards that I would rather get inked so they serve some sort of purpose. I also have a ton of minor league issues that I need inked.

Does anyone else hate having to make this decision? This gets me on almost every signing.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
One thing I have learned while collecting autographs is that if there is a way to get something done despite being "a little expensive" is that it will likely be more expensive in the future. Case in point; Despite having 2 items I needed signed, a particular picture and jersey, I skipped a Jerome Bettis signing local to me in 2005 that was $55 per autograph, when the last show he did at that time was $35. It sucked getting them after he won the Super Bowl after he retired for $125 each through a mail order signing, where I didn't get the chance to shake his hand.

If there is any way to come up with the $15 to spend on the OMLB ball, do it.

msink28

Dec 24, 2008
I have a different take. I used to graph minor league baseball from 2000-2003. I bought OMLBs for a number of prospects who came through that I thought had high potential.

Of those prospects, only a few panned out. I am now the proud owner of signed balls from Chin-Hui Tsao (BA top 100 prospect 4 years in a row), Drew Henson, Nick Johnson, and Wilson Betemit. I'm in my late 20s now and don't want any of these. But hanging onto cards is no big deal. In fact, they look kind of neat. I probably have 500 or so signed cards from that era and it's still fun to look through them.

The Heritage cards will show up great, plus you might be able to snag multiples. If Perkins is the only guy, I could see him knocking out a page of cards. I'd go with the cards.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
TBTwinsFan said:
There is a Glen Perkins signing in the Cities this week. I will not be able to attend, but someone offered to get something signed for me.

I would love an OMLB, but I don't have the money for one, which leaves me with cards.

As many know, I have a large stash of base cards.

I already have an Allen and Ginter that I got signed. I have a ton of Heritages, and slightly dinged cards that I would rather get inked so they serve some sort of purpose. I also have a ton of minor league issues that I need inked.

Does anyone else hate having to make this decision? This gets me on almost every signing.

When is the signing?
If you want an OMLB, you should get one. DO you have any money to buy one? Here at Dunhams sports and Dick's Sports they are 14.99 each.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
The signing is on Friday. I won't be able to get my materials in fast enough, HOWEVER I told the person if that happened, that I will pay for a couple of his cards or items.

I have to send SASE, so I will still send the cards I have since he doesn't live that far away.

Members online

Latest posts