Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Post and The Collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chelseafc11

May 28, 2011
Hello all!

I have posted on a few other boards on the internet, mainly for collecting basketball cards (Hobbykings and Beckett before it was useless).

I have just recently, within the past 3 or 4 months regained an interest in baseball cards (after loving them as a kid) as a result of an interesting situation. One of the first days my girlfriend and I met, I had mentioned that I collected sports cards. She laughed, but no for the reason I though she was laughing. She had told me how her father passed away and he had collected baseball cards. Now the usual thing goes through a card collectors head: They are probably not worth anything. Needless to say, I didnt think too much of it, yet was still curious. After we had been dating for almost a year, I went to visit her family (which was this past february) her mother said that she could take the cards with her if she wanted as she had just got her masters degree and was having a hard time finding a job.

As we were opening the trunks of cards, I was still skeptical about the collection because I did not want to get my hopes up. I started going through the cards and at the time, I honestly didn't realize how great the collection really was. I have been collecting for well over 15 years and I had recognized a lot of the sets, but didn't know how valuable they were.

So as I started researching the cards, I found out how incredible her father's collection actually was. I wanted to show you the cards that my girlfriend was blessed with. She insists that the cards are ours (we are in a VERY serious relationship) but I cannot claim that they are mine. This collection is all hers. I had some of the cards graded which is the majority of what I have scanned. I hope you can appreciate these cards as I have. It has been an incredible amount of fun learning about these cards and sets. Hal

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG-2.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

1961Topps-CarlYastrzemski-PSA8.jpg

1963Topps-BillFreehan-PSA85.jpg

1963Topps-RobertoClemente-PSA8.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

1955Topps-JackieRobinson-PSA65.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

1956Topps-YogiBerra-PSA5.jpg

1956Topps-JackieRobsinson-PSA6.jpg

1956Topps-RobertoClemente-PSA65.jpg

1956Topps-WillieMays-PSA7.jpg

1956Topps-TedWilliams-PSA7.jpg

1956Topps-HankAaronPSA7.jpg

1956Topps-SandyKoufax-PSA8.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Welcome to the boards!

As mostly a vintage collector, I'm a little in awe. Beautiful cards, Even the 4's and 5's have great eye appeal. Her dad obviously haad great taste in baseball cards

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
Ahhhhhhhhh!!!

First off, welcome. I'm new here, myself. And secondly, oh my goshhhh. Those are unbelievable!! Congratulations to you and her on the find! What a great story too. I have to say, those Mantle and Koufax cards are just amazing. Seriously amazing. But wow, congrats again, and great looking cards!

Cody

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Welcome and thanks for showing those amazing cards. I love the 61 Yaz and Mantle, 63 Fl checklist and many of the rcs. Great group of cards.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
Thanks for sharing! Very very nice cards and sounds like you might have a keeper with the gf.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
I love the look of the photos and printing of the 53 Bowman cards...

Absolutely Amazing collection!

Welcome to the boards...

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Solid first post!!!!!! Very cool collection, it kind of makes me want to go buy some vintage. You have some serious competiton in the vintage feild on here though. There are some amazing collections out there, welcome aboard.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
WoW Hal, thanks for sharing. I laughed, I felt giddy looking at all of those. I just kept thinking about how these are just the biggest and best cards... I can't imagine what else was in that trunk!

chelseafc11 said:
She had told me how her father passed away and he had collected baseball cards.

Missed opportunity right there kids. Somebody should have been shoveling his driveway!

Members online