Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well folks, it finally happened........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
The big one. An act so vile and disastrous it brings tears to your eyes. Yup, its happened to me.

I came home tonight after a long day at work and I found my wife sitting in my recliner with big puppy dog eyes staring back at me. She didn't even let me through the door before she said, "I've got something to tell you." Oh ****. This ain't good.

First a little back information. I keep a lot of cards on a table beside my recliner. I normally keep decent cards on it as I scan them and organize them on a regular basis. Well, it just so happens that this week, I have been working on my Zimmerman stash and my Yankees and prospect PC. The cards were stacked all neat and tidy on the table. FLAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

Fast forward to tonight. She was a little upset and I asked her what was wrong. Well then I saw it. She had brought a drink over and set it on the table beside the recliner. She dropped something behind the table and when she went to pick it up, the bottle went over. I now have finished sopping up drink out of my cards and I have lost probably 3/4 of my Zimmerman PC and my other stuff. It really puts a damper on all the crap I have been handed lately. Oh well. Perhaps its time for another hobby. I'm screwed.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
The big one. An act so vile and disastrous it brings tears to your eyes. Yup, its happened to me.

I came home tonight after a long day at work and I found my wife sitting in my recliner with big puppy dog eyes staring back at me. She didn't even let me through the door before she said, "I've got something to tell you." Oh shat. This ain't good.

First a little back information. I keep a lot of cards on a table beside my recliner. I normally keep decent cards on it as I scan them and organize them on a regular basis. Well, it just so happens that this week, I have been working on my Zimmerman stash and my Yankees and prospect PC. The cards were stacked all neat and tidy on the table. FLAAAAAAAAAAAAASH

Fast forward to tonight. She was a little upset and I asked her what was wrong. Well then I saw it. She had brought a drink over and set it on the table beside the recliner. She dropped something behind the table and when she went to pick it up, the bottle went over. I now have finished sopping up drink out of my cards and I have lost probably 3/4 of my Zimmerman PC and my other stuff. It really puts a damper on all the crap I have been handed lately. Oh well. Perhaps its time for another hobby. I'm screwed.

Logoman? Nicer stuff? all of it? .....

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
I imagine that gold 9.5 should still be okay
really sorry to hear that man, don't be too mad at the wife
take care and good luck!
zach

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
jeez, thought honey im leaving you for another man was coming, but this is way worse.
how many cards we talking about blanning??

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
:eek: The thought sickens me...I feel for you Blanman.... (Just remember that she & her feelings are WAYYYY more important than any kind of cardboard, make sure you don't let her see you too down about the situation or it will hurt her even more than she's hurting now...I know this is about you & your card's, but I bet she feels more shatty than you do)! Just remember bud, you can always get more cards but that little lady is a one-of-a-kind! :D

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
That 9.5 is hurricane proof so I know that is alright. I hope it is not too bad of damage

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
My jaw literally dropped as I saw where this was going... just brutal. I have a friend whose father was a big collector in the '90's and he lost some serious stuff in a flood last year - we're talking a Ty Cobb PSA 8 as well as tons of other unreal vintage cards. It could be worse, although I absolutely feel your pain.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm not mad at my wife. I love her more than anything. She thought I would go bananas. I realize its just cards but yeah most of my zimmerman stash is gone. The gold refractor auto had drink in the team bag but the card and case are fine. The logoman was at work with me today so it made it out. As for some of my other zimmerman RC autos and patch cards, I can't say the same for them. I also lost some decent prospect autos from Bowman Chrome and some nice PC cards like Yankees stuff, and some Ripken stash that I had. Meh, on to stamp collecting now.

Members online

Latest posts