Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last night at Dodger stadium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Had some awesome seats so I had a great oppirtuntiy to get some autographs. First I got Ramon Hernandez and Bronson Arroyo to sign a few cards. Next up I got these.

Rubby De La Rosa. Wish he could've sweetspotted, but it was too loud to ask, either way stoked to get him, he's going to be a stud
7068a3fa-1.jpg

mvp
ff936242-1.jpg
Here's a sick picture of Dee Gordon trying to bunt for a hit in the first inning, I didn't take the picture found it on Yahoo
b644772440bfc45b-getty-109237315vd012_cincinnati_r.jpg

Next time up he did this

ap-201106132305831009746.jpg

After the game I asked dee for the bat, he threw it up to me. Unfortunately he was using Tony Gwynn's bat, and I actually already have a Tony Gwynn game used broken bat, but what can you do its still pretty sweet. I have been searching for more photo matches to see if he used it in any prior games there is a ton of usage and Dee just got called up, would be pretty cool if he used this bat to get a few of his first hits in the big leagues. The mlb cert matches the authentication online, pretty sick.
a08f636b.jpg
d68a6234.jpg
caf1bc1b.jpg
583c75f0.jpg
89d2f206.jpg

MLB Cert
mlbcert.png
This mornings local paper
4fe6650f.jpg

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
That's nifty, also from the first game Dee really showcased his talent on D. It seemed like every ball was hit to him and he made 4-5 real nice plays. Even took away two hits from Votto. Too bad he couldn't take away the 3 run bomb.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
So wait, MLB got the hologram on it before he gave it to you? They actually do that stuff ingame and then players can still give the bats away?

EDIT: Oh and SICK SICK SICK!!!! It would be sick to get a gamer from a game that I was actually at!

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
bballjunky24 said:
So wait, MLB got the hologram on it before he gave it to you? They actually do that stuff ingame and then players can still give the bats away?

When the bats break, the bat boys take it straight to the authenticator to be logged and stickered. It's up to the players what to do with the bats after that point, although many are "encouraged" to give the bats to the team's charity.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Shame that it's a Gwynn bat, but still never hurts to get a bat for free from a player. Knowing Dee's agent, I know how tough he is on gear, so that may very well be one of the few rookie bats to make it out from him.

Off on a random point, it's crazy how many people beg players and harass them for game used gear and some of em still give it up (not saying you begged/bugged him at all, just have seen firsthand the amount of people that follow players around demanding stuff). One of the players I work with had a guy follow him outside the locker room laying in to him for not giving up a bat that he broke earlier that day. Simply amazing the nerve of some of these "collectors".

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
jondawg04 said:
Shame that it's a Gwynn bat, but still never hurts to get a bat for free from a player. Knowing Dee's agent, I know how tough he is on gear, so that may very well be one of the few rookie bats to make it out from him.

Off on a random point, it's crazy how many people beg players and harass them for game used gear and some of em still give it up (not saying you begged/bugged him at all, just have seen firsthand the amount of people that follow players around demanding stuff). One of the players I work with had a guy follow him outside the locker room laying in to him for not giving up a bat that he broke earlier that day. Simply amazing the nerve of some of these "collectors".

Didn't beg for anything, the Dodgers had a chance in the Bottom of the 9th vs. Cordero and all the players in on the top step of the dugout, I was in the first row. When Navarro made the last out Dee turned around and I said do you still have that broken bat he looked around went down to the dugout and threw it up to me. As simple as could be.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I sat a few rows from Jason Bateman and he was happy to sign a ball when I asked him if there was money in the banana stand.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
In the old days...early 80's before the memorabilia boom You used to be able to buy the bats from the bats boys. Many bats could be had for 5 or 10 bucks. Thats how many of the bat boys made their money (besides the small salary they earned). I bought hundreds of bats in the early 80's like this and sold all of them off after the memorabilia boom hit!! I made some good money selling them too!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
mchenrycards said:
In the old days...early 80's before the memorabilia boom You used to be able to buy the bats from the bats boys. Many bats could be had for 5 or 10 bucks. Thats how many of the bat boys made their money (besides the small salary they earned). I bought hundreds of bats in the early 80's like this and sold all of them off after the memorabilia boom hit!! I made some good money selling them too!

Awesome! There is a GU bat that I am looking to purchase, and I was wondering how the person obtained it (the player who used it played in the 80's through mid-90's).

Oh, and to the OP, very nice stuff! Kinda cool they put the sticker on there right away.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Dee Gordon MTZ spam

5670784609_bfc2d7d26f.jpg

sick bat, Dees a good dude.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
jondawg04 said:
bballjunky24 said:

When the bats break, the bat boys take it straight to the authenticator to be logged and stickered. It's up to the players what to do with the bats after that point, although many are "encouraged" to give the bats to the team's charity.

Thank you, that is good to know!

-Ken

Members online