Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Foster's top 10 prospects..scratching my head.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
http://projectprospect.com/article/2011 ... spect-list

1 Bryce Harper (eBay) RF Easily leads all minor league teenagers in wOBA with an eye-popping .422 18.7 WAS A 1 ?
2 Mike Trout (eBay) CF He's broken out as a power hitter this year, also on pace for career-high BB% 19.9 LAA AA 2 ?
3 Manny Machado (eBay) SS Missed most of May due to injury (knee); hasn't done much in 7 games back 18.9 BAL A 3 ?
4 Shelby Miller (eBay) RHP Pitching in Double-A in his 2nd full season and blowing away the competition 20.7 STL AA 6 ?
5 Jameson Taillon (eBay) RHP Elite command, especially for a hard-throwing teenager (2 BB in last 36.0 IP) 19.6 PIT A 7 ?
6 Matt Moore (eBay) LHP Talked to a scout who said he's easily the best SP prospect he's seen this year 22.0 TB AA 12 ?
7 Danny Duffy (eBay) LHP He has room to sharpen his command, but he'll be just fine going forward 22.5 KC MLB 13 ?
8 Jesus Montero (eBay) C Something's wrong; on pace to hit 9 HR this season after hitting 21 last year 21.5 NYY AAA 5 ?
9 Martin Perez (eBay) LHP Fresh off an outing where he gave up 12 hits, but only 4 BB in his last 24.2 IP 20.2 TEX AA 14 ?
10 Jurickson Profar (eBay) SS May someday surface as an all-star shortstop if he can keep hitting for power 18.3 TEX A 20 ?

Honorable Mention: Dustin Ackley, Brandon Belt, Zach Lee, Wil Myers, Neil Ramirez, Wilin Rosario, Tyler Skaggs, Julio Teheran and Zack Wheeler

Duffy and Profar a bit high? Moore a bit high? Hmm. No Ackley in top 10 or any mention of Moustakas? Skaggs as an HM?

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
aminors said:
http://projectprospect.com/article/2011/06/14/top-10-prospect-list

1 Bryce Harper (eBay) RF Easily leads all minor league teenagers in wOBA with an eye-popping .422 18.7 WAS A 1 ?
2 Mike Trout (eBay) CF He's broken out as a power hitter this year, also on pace for career-high BB% 19.9 LAA AA 2 ?
3 Manny Machado (eBay) SS Missed most of May due to injury (knee); hasn't done much in 7 games back 18.9 BAL A 3 ?
4 Shelby Miller (eBay) RHP Pitching in Double-A in his 2nd full season and blowing away the competition 20.7 STL AA 6 ?
5 Jameson Taillon (eBay) RHP Elite command, especially for a hard-throwing teenager (2 BB in last 36.0 IP) 19.6 PIT A 7 ?
6 Matt Moore (eBay) LHP Talked to a scout who said he's easily the best SP prospect he's seen this year 22.0 TB AA 12 ?
7 Danny Duffy (eBay) LHP He has room to sharpen his command, but he'll be just fine going forward 22.5 KC MLB 13 ?
8 Jesus Montero (eBay) C Something's wrong; on pace to hit 9 HR this season after hitting 21 last year 21.5 NYY AAA 5 ?
9 Martin Perez (eBay) LHP Fresh off an outing where he gave up 12 hits, but only 4 BB in his last 24.2 IP 20.2 TEX AA 14 ?
10 Jurickson Profar (eBay) SS May someday surface as an all-star shortstop if he can keep hitting for power 18.3 TEX A 20 ?

Honorable Mention: Dustin Ackley, Brandon Belt, Zach Lee, Wil Myers, Neil Ramirez, Wilin Rosario, Tyler Skaggs, Julio Teheran and Zack Wheeler

Duffy and Profar a bit high? Moore a bit high? Hmm. No Ackley in top 10 or any mention of Moustakas? Skaggs as an HM?

But I thought that Lawrie was better than Trout?

Hmmm...

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
People seem to love this Foster character, nothing he says makes sense to me. I followed him on twitter and then had to get rid of it because of the nonsense that was appearing on my timeline.

"AdamWFoster Adam Foster
Pinch runner on a championship team RT @hdrubin: Dee Gordon ceiling?

I don't think he knows what celling is because that sounds a lot like a "floor" to me. Baseball America ranked Gordon as the Dodgers number one overall prospect with 4+ tools and has the ability to hit the ball hard to all fields. I am not saying Gordon has the potential to hit 30 home runs and I understand not all number one prospects make it, but Gordon's celling is higher than a pinch runner. He has the defense to contend for a gold glove at short and will hit enough and steal plenty of bases to be a starting shortstop on a championship team that would be the definition of celling.

Note, I am not a Dee Gordon defender just one example of numerous things that have been written that don't make any sense to me.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
stevezimmer22 said:
People seem to love this Foster character, nothing he says makes sense to me. I followed him on twitter and then had to get rid of it because of the nonsense that was appearing on my timeline.

"AdamWFoster Adam Foster
Pinch runner on a championship team RT @hdrubin: Dee Gordon ceiling?

I don't think he knows what celling is because that sounds a lot like a "floor" to me. Baseball America ranked Gordon as the Dodgers number one overall prospect with 4+ tools and has the ability to hit the ball hard to all fields. I am not saying Gordon has the potential to hit 30 home runs and I understand not all number one prospects make it, but Gordon's celling is higher than a pinch runner. He has the defense to contend for a gold glove at short and will hit enough and steal plenty of bases to be a starting shortstop on a championship team that would be the definition of celling.

Note, I am not a Dee Gordon defender just one example of numerous things that have been written that don't make any sense to me.

I agree on all fronts here. Some of this stuff just has me going "Huh?"

gr5

Apr 30, 2011
Nick1190 said:
aminors said:

Hmmm...

But I thought Allen Webster was a top 25 prospect?

Hmmm.....

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Russ S. said:
Looks good to me.

No Teheran? Montero that low? Also I don't know what he is using to qualify prospects that are already in the big leagues such as Duffy, but there is no Britton or Pineda. Just like he was lacking Pineda to start the year. Dudes in love with Danny Duffy.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still scratching my head how ue didn't have Lawrie in his Top 100 to start the year.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I've never understood how people have a problem with a prospect list that is veers from the consensus. We all know that only a fraction of prospects wind up as true stars, and therefore there's a ton of room for differing opinions on this. I imagine if back a few years ago a writer had written off Corey Patterson, Sean Burroughs or any of the other hundreds of big names that flopped, people would have thought he was crazy, but time would have proven him correct. I think the only way to judge any lists are in hindsight, and that gives Adam some time with this list. (Of course I don't know enough about prospects to even have an opinion on the rankings, I just think that people this is an example of people conforming to groupthink more than anything else.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
gr5 said:
Nick1190 said:
aminors said:

Hmmm...

But I thought Allen Webster was a top 25 prospect?

Hmmm.....

POS :)

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I've never seen a list of his that I liked. Pineda not in the top 15 to start the year or Ackley in the top 25. Hell he had Wilin Rosario #8 on his rankings in May lol.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
boxbreaker44 said:
What gives this guy any credibility anyhow?
He has an opinion and the platform to express it.

What gives JP his?
The same thing, and there are hundreds in that flock. :cool:

(no offense JP, just stating a point)

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Profar at 10?

LOL

Miller at 4 is questionable as well. I'd say he ranked Machado waaay too high. Most rankings have him between 10-15

Adam Foster, who?

Members online

Latest posts