Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

just looking for some advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I built this display thing (proto type for one made out of oak) and what I have been doing was putting the cards in top loaders and double stick taping them to the display so they don't fall down. Well now is time to clean it up. I need to buy some top loaders and I will use small Velcro straps to hold them onto the display.
My question is where do you all buy your supplies and what thickness or type of loader will I need for some really thick cards? Though not the super thick. I have some top loaders that are so thick the GU cards are flopping around. Just the basic top loader for a GU or patch thick card. My store no longer carries cards or supplies :-(
Thanks for any info.
Brad
mycarddissplay.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Brad, 100pt holders usually work for me with most of my GU stuff. The 3 I use besides the regular top loads are 75, 100, & 130 pt. I usually just get what I need off of Ebay or the local card shop.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
thanks for the info. i saw them on e-bay but there were so many sizes. i found a site selling ultra pros and they didnt give a size just that they will fit most gu and patch crads..

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
For a display like that, I would go exclusively with one-touch magnetic holders for a couple key reasons...
- Card is always centered top-bottom and left-right
- Eliminate the glare from the penny-sleeve wrinkle

You can buy these in bulk for roughly $1/each and because they have a wider stance and are heavier, they are less susceptible to falling over, etc.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
200lbhockeyplayer said:
For a display like that, I would go exclusively with one-touch magnetic holders for a couple key reasons...

You can buy these in bulk for roughly $1/each and because they have a wider stance and are heavier, they are less susceptible to falling over, etc.

for some reason i feel safer keeping them in a [pennie sleve first. or does that not really matter...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bongo870 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

for some reason i feel safer keeping them in a [pennie sleve first. or does that not really matter...

Not in a 1-touch

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
I agree, one touch is the way to go. They will center it, keep it safer than a toploader, and they look a lot cleaner. They may cost a little more but worth it. As the saying goes, if youre gonna do something, do it right.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
howardpwr06 said:
I agree, one touch is the way to go. They will center it, keep it safer than a toploader, and they look a lot cleaner. They may cost a little more but worth it. As the saying goes, if youre gonna do something, do it right.

it will be alot more. I would love them but for 100 thick tops i would pay 30 with shipping. the other 100 plus bucks....

Members online

Latest posts