Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Suspending Big Crumbs Cash Back Program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I did a search for "Big Crumbs" and didn't see this posted yet, so...this stinks. I loved BC because I had payments go right to their pre-paid debit card, which also has direct deposit for paychecks.

Greetings Brennan,

We are writing to inform you that, at eBay’s request, cash back at eBay.com will no longer be available on BigCrumbs.com or any other rewards website for purchases made on eBay.com from June 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM PST through October 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM PST.

During the suspension period, eBay plans to re-evaluate the current pricing model for loyalty partnerships and possibly make adjustments to that model when the program resumes.

This suspension only affects eBay.com and does NOT affect the following eBay sites: ebay.co.uk, ebay.ca, or ebay.com.au. Additionally, Half.com cash back rates will remain unchanged.

Please note that purchases at eBay.com made via BigCrumbs through June 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM will continue to credit at the normal rate. We encourage you to make any planned purchases prior to that date.

As many of you know, BigCrumbs was the original eBay cash back affiliate partner. Over the past 5 years, we have served thousands of loyal members and provided millions of dollars in cash back and referral commissions on eBay.com purchases.

We are disappointed by eBay's decision to suspend their partnership with BigCrumbs.com and we promise to keep you informed of any future updates. We do recognize that some of our members will be significantly impacted through loss in both the generous cash back and referral commissions that we paid on eBay.com purchases.

But, please rest assured that BigCrumbs will not waver in its continuous efforts to provide superior value, exclusive deals and the highest overall cash back at over 1,200 other top retailers. During eBay.com's hiatus, we plan to actively pursue new partnerships and grow existing partnerships with retailers that offer similar products, deals and cash back.

We will also launch new programs aimed at further helping our loyal members to both save and earn more.

Our goal has always been to provide a venue where consumers could pay less for the items they buy every day and also share in the wealth created by trillions of dollars in consumer spending. While eBay has played a significant role in that, we will use this opportunity to expand our mission and provide our members with more than they ever imagined. We have some really cool stuff that's already in the works.

We’re just getting started.

Regards,
BigCrumbs.com

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Card Magnet said:
I did a search for "Big Crumbs" and didn't see this posted yet, so...this stinks. I loved BC because I had payments go right to their pre-paid debit card, which also has direct deposit for paychecks.

Greetings Brennan,

We are writing to inform you that, at eBay’s request, cash back at eBay.com will no longer be available on BigCrumbs.com or any other rewards website for purchases made on eBay.com from June 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM PST through October 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM PST.

During the suspension period, eBay plans to re-evaluate the current pricing model for loyalty partnerships and possibly make adjustments to that model when the program resumes.

This suspension only affects eBay.com and does NOT affect the following eBay sites: ebay.co.uk, ebay.ca, or ebay.com.au. Additionally, Half.com cash back rates will remain unchanged.

Please note that purchases at eBay.com made via BigCrumbs through June 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM will continue to credit at the normal rate. We encourage you to make any planned purchases prior to that date.

As many of you know, BigCrumbs was the original eBay cash back affiliate partner. Over the past 5 years, we have served thousands of loyal members and provided millions of dollars in cash back and referral commissions on eBay.com purchases.

We are disappointed by eBay's decision to suspend their partnership with BigCrumbs.com and we promise to keep you informed of any future updates. We do recognize that some of our members will be significantly impacted through loss in both the generous cash back and referral commissions that we paid on eBay.com purchases.

But, please rest assured that BigCrumbs will not waver in its continuous efforts to provide superior value, exclusive deals and the highest overall cash back at over 1,200 other top retailers. During eBay.com's hiatus, we plan to actively pursue new partnerships and grow existing partnerships with retailers that offer similar products, deals and cash back.

We will also launch new programs aimed at further helping our loyal members to both save and earn more.

Our goal has always been to provide a venue where consumers could pay less for the items they buy every day and also share in the wealth created by trillions of dollars in consumer spending. While eBay has played a significant role in that, we will use this opportunity to expand our mission and provide our members with more than they ever imagined. We have some really cool stuff that's already in the works.

We’re just getting started.

Regards,
BigCrumbs.com

It does SUCK Royally

It was mentioned in the ebates thread
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136704

BUT
you can still use it on the ebay.ca site which basically shows the same as the US site if the seller sells internationally...

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
So now that big crumbs is suspended, what program do we use now to get cash back on our ebay purchases?? i was only using big crumbs, and help would be appreciated.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Ndepaul99 said:
So now that big crumbs is suspended, what program do we use now to get cash back on our ebay purchases?? i was only using big crumbs, and help would be appreciated.

IIRC, none, they have all be suspended!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Musial Collector said:
Ndepaul99 said:

Yes, it wasn't a suspension of big crumbs. It was a suspension of all reward based business models.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I'm assuming this will make cards less expensive, so that's good.

While a card may be worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it looks like we'll be able to tell much better what that amount actually is now. ...Although eBay has their own program if I'm not mistaken.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
uniquebaseballcards said:

While a card may be worth what someone is willing to pay for it, it looks like we'll be able to tell much better what that amount actually is now. ...Although eBay has their own program if I'm not mistaken.

How do you figure that. I bet 1% of the card buying population on eBay used one of the cash back sites.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
kdailey4315 said:

How do you figure that. I bet 1% of the card buying population on eBay used one of the cash back sites.

You're saying cards will become more expensive with fewer cash back opportunities? I don't get what you're saying here.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
kdailey4315 said:

You're saying cards will become more expensive with fewer cash back opportunities? I don't get what you're saying here.

You made the statement that this will make cards less expensive. I do not believe that will happen.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
kdailey4315 said:

You made the statement that this will make cards less expensive. I do not believe that will happen.

OK, I see. Not to be a pain but you must mean that cash back programs don't affect people's purchasing decisions and that they're a waste of time, which is why ebay is suspending them. Using the same logic I'm guessing you'd think this thread isn't necessary either. The top 1% of card buyers probably accounts for 50% of card sales.

To each his own I guess.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
kdailey4315 said:
kdailey4315 said:

OK, I see. You must mean that cash back programs don't affect people's purchasing decisions and that they're a waste of time, which is why ebay is suspending them. Using the same logic I'm guessing you'd think this thread isn't necessary either.

To each his own I guess.

No, I just think that you're overestimating the number of people that used it and taking it away will not have a noticeable affect on the price of cards. You think people are going to list cards lower now that there's no rebate program? Do you actually think you'll see a 5% discount on cards across the board. I'm assuming that eBay suspended it because they have they're own rebate program.
You don't have be such a smart ass. Don't get your ******* in a bunch just because someone disagrees with you.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
No, I just think that you're overestimating the number of people that used it and taking it away will not have a noticeable affect on the price of cards. You think people are going to list cards lower now that there's no rebate program? Do you actually think you'll see a 5% discount on cards across the board. I'm assuming that eBay suspended it because they have they're own rebate program.
You don't have be such a smart ass. Don't get your ******* in a bunch just because someone disagrees with you.

The number of people who use it is meaningless. WHO uses it and the number of bids generated by those that do use it is all that matters.

Given the top 1% of buyers account for most sales, you'll notice a huge difference especially with high dollar items because these buyers are savvy enough to use such a program. As you point out its even become important enough for eBay to keep in-house.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
cgilmo said:
Musial Collector said:
Ndepaul99 said:

Yes, it wasn't a suspension of big crumbs. It was a suspension of all reward based business models.

Another reason to hate ebay ::facepalm::

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I never used this programs...now that they are suspended and ebay isn't paying them to issue cash back, maybe fees will go down.

:lol: Ok so I know that won't happen, but with the traffic ebay itself generates I never understood why they would pay an outside company money to issue as cash back.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Ndepaul99 said:
You can still use bigcrumbs on eBay.ca
Just go through that link on BC and you will still get cash back...
Only cash back through BC to ebay.com has been suspended!

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
kdailey4315 said:

The number of people who use it is meaningless. WHO uses it and the number of bids generated by those that do use it is all that matters.

Given the top 1% of buyers account for most sales, you'll notice a huge difference especially with high dollar items because these buyers are savvy enough to use such a program. As you point out its even become important enough for eBay to keep in-house.

I disagree with you as well. Sellers are all that matter in this equation. And I highly doubt that a high percentage of sellers are going to be reducing prices because there are currently no rebate systems for potential buyers to use. Maybe BIN items that sit for a few months will likely get lowered over time, but I highly doubt sellers are going to actively be lowering prices to account for this change.

EDIT:
I stand corrected, buyers will play a part in auctions, I was only accounting for BIN's previously. Like you said, the top 1% buyers were likely using a rebate program and may not spend as much on cards now that the rebate program is not available to them. However, 1%, even if it is the top buyers are not going to reduce prices of cards all by themselves. Yes, it will affect some buyers spending habits or how much they spend in a given month, but I think on cards individually, the difference will not be noticeable.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
AndruwHRJones said:
I disagree with you as well. Sellers are all that matter in this equation. And I highly doubt that a high percentage of sellers are going to be reducing prices because there are currently no rebate systems for potential buyers to use. Maybe BIN items that sit for a few months will likely get lowered over time, but I highly doubt sellers are going to actively be lowering prices to account for this change.

EDIT:
I stand corrected, buyers will play a part in auctions, I was only accounting for BIN's previously. Like you said, the top 1% buyers were likely using a rebate program and may not spend as much on cards now that the rebate program is not available to them. However, 1%, even if it is the top buyers are not going to reduce prices of cards all by themselves. Yes, it will affect some buyers spending habits or how much they spend in a given month, but I think on cards individually, the difference will not be noticeable.

It comes down to whether you can notice a 3-5% difference these bidders spend on cards they normally buy...which is much more than 1% of all cards. You'd especially notice it on cards that are 'bought on margin' - or are bought to be flipped, because 3-5% is substantial. You'd notice it on mid-higher end Andruw cards if Andruw collectors were using it, and maybe they are.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I'll use generic numbers because I don't know anything about Big Crumbs.

If I knew I'd be getting 10% cashback on a purchase, I'd bid 10% higher than the regular selling price. So $110 on a card that sells for $100. If I didn't have the 10% cashback, I'd only bid $100.

So yes, without BC, cards will probably sell slightly lower

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I just checked my Ebay messages, and I received a coupon for 10% off $75 or more purchase in Electronics(catergory). Did anyone else get one of these, and from what I recall doesn't the code really work on any catergory?

Only 6 Hours left to get Bigcrumbs- right>?

Members online

Latest posts