Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Release Dates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bowman Platinum - 7/27
Topps Lineage BB - 8/3

A few more changes from Topps:

Topps Inception FB 8/10
Topps MLB Stickers 8/17
Finest FB 8/31
UFC Finest 9/7
Topps Chrome BB 9/7
Triple Threads BB 9/14

crazy that platinum got pushed so far back

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I would have been surprised if Platinum release date stays the same. If i remember well, it was pushed back last year too.
Damn' Topps :evil:

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
ohhhhh Lineage is out on day one of The National!

no release date on MiLB Heritage yet?

Now that is smart on Topps part, but I dont think they did that on purpose.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
sucks, no release til 7/13. Got a month before any new Topps comes out

its a nice one but watch Ginter get delayed

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
A little hijack andrew but just got email that just 2011 mystery jersey will be live in july and was wondering if we would do a case brek or two?

can't link at work but checklist looks good

Price seems good too!

Wadaya think?

Dave

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I saw that too. Meanwhile Topps has already charged my credit card for Platinum. That was nice of them.

Allen & Ginter pushed to 7/20
Triple Threads pushed to 9/14!!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
All In Cards said:

I think they are thinking Series 2 will have the same legs that Series 1 had and don't want another product to compete with it.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
hofmichael said:
All In Cards said:

I think they are thinking Series 2 will have the same legs that Series 1 had and don't want another product to compete with it.

Does Series 2 ever have the same legs as Series 1? Topps has been doing this for so long they still can't get it right. Their 2011 release calendar just got brutal.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
rico08 said:
hofmichael said:
All In Cards said:

Does Series 2 ever have the same legs as Series 1? Topps has been doing this for so long they still can't get it right. Their 2011 release calendar just got brutal.
It never does.Series 1 was insanely popular though.The DCG and DieCuts have given the product amazing strentgh.It may carry over to Series 2.I can see what they are thinking.

Plus they make more money at the retail level with base Topps than anything else.Why not take away it's competition and make more money?It makes sense from a business standpoint.Sucks for collectors though.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
hofmichael said:
It never does.Series 1 was insanely popular though.The DCG and DieCuts have given the product amazing strentgh.It may carry over to Series 2.I can see what they are thinking.

Plus they make more money at the retail level with base Topps than anything else.Why not take away it's competition and make more money?It makes sense from a business standpoint.Sucks for collectors though.

Nobody ordered Series 1.

I was allocated 1 case (jumbo and regular) for Series 1 and when it came time for me to order Series 2 I was magically granted an extra case of each. You can bet there's more Series 2 out there.

As far as your retail statement, is that a fact or ********? I don't believe it. Seems like conjecture to me.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
rico08 said:
hofmichael said:

Nobody ordered Series 1.

I was allocated 1 case (jumbo and regular) for Series 1 and when it came time for me to order Series 2 I was magically granted an extra case of each. You can bet there's more Series 2 out there.

As far as your retail statement, is that a fact or ********? I don't believe it. Seems like conjecture to me.
It is common knowledge.As for nobody ordering Series 1,is that fact or ********?Sounds like ******** to me.The local shops around here went through tons of it.The shop I frequent most went through 12 Jumbo cases and 8 hobby cases(he has a great deal through a distributor and doesn't have to buy at a 1:1 ratio)

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
hofmichael said:
It is common knowledge.As for nobody ordering Series 1,is that fact or ********?Sounds like *censor* to me.The local shops around here went through tons of it.The shop I frequent most went through 12 Jumbo cases and 8 hobby cases(he has a great deal through a distributor and doesn't have to buy at a 1:1 ratio)

Direct allocation and the ability to buy multiple cases from a distributor are two completely different things. I can buy whatever I want from a distributor but Topps direct has a cap on everything.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
rico08 said:
hofmichael said:
It is common knowledge.As for nobody ordering Series 1,is that fact or ********?Sounds like *censor* to me.The local shops around here went through tons of it.The shop I frequent most went through 12 Jumbo cases and 8 hobby cases(he has a great deal through a distributor and doesn't have to buy at a 1:1 ratio)

Direct allocation and the ability to buy multiple cases from a distributor are two completely different things. I can buy whatever I want from a distributor but Topps direct has a cap on everything.
Absolutely.There direct buy policy makes little sense to me if I were a shop owner.My buddy gets the cases Topps allocates to him and then buys from a distrubutor to fill his needs.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
hofmichael said:
rico08 said:
hofmichael said:

Absolutely.There direct buy policy makes little sense to me if I were a shop owner.My buddy gets the cases Topps allocates to him and then buys from a distrubutor to fill his needs.
wonder what the price differential is, if you didn't pre-order it from distributors....

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
Topps can't live up to their promises yet again. The original proposal they they presented to us in Las Vegas this year was that starting with series 2 we would see a release every other week through the rest of their release calender with most product coming out through the heart of baseball season. Now it looks like the season will be back loaded and products will suffer by coming out to close together and not at the right time.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Sportsnutcards said:
Topps can't live up to their promises yet again. The original proposal they they presented to us in Las Vegas this year was that starting with series 2 we would see a release every other week through the rest of their release calender with most product coming out through the heart of baseball season. Now it looks like the season will be back loaded and products will suffer by coming out to close together and not at the right time.

This is disappointing.

Still, if Topps can delay something it's possible (though doesn't seem likely) that a product might be released early. Wishful thinking.

Members online

Latest posts