Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need pointers: Trying to get Harper Auto in Hagerstown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I am going to guess that a ton of people try to get his auto at each game. Are my chances slim if I head up to Hagerstown (45 minutes away from where I live). They are playing Delmarva this weekend and I'd like to also attempt to get Machado to sign too. I've never done this before, so any help would be appreciated. Where's the best place to try and catch them? Time? Etc. Thanks in advance.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
sportscardfanatic said:
I am going to guess that a ton of people try to get his auto at each game. Are my chances slim if I head up to Hagerstown (45 minutes away from where I live). They are playing Delmarva this weekend and I'd like to also attempt to get Machado to sign too. I've never done this before, so any help would be appreciated. Where's the best place to try and catch them? Time? Etc. Thanks in advance.
Your best bet is to corner them in the mens room.Chances are they will sign quick to avoid an awkward situation. :D Good Luck.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
hofmichael said:
sportscardfanatic said:
Your best bet is to corner them in the mens room.Chances are they will sign quick to avoid an awkward situation. :D Good Luck.

Catch them on the can. I'll just pass the ball under the door and hope I don't get any other surprises on it. Game Used. Ewwww..

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Well, I'll be in the front row next to the dugout, so stay away or I will throw elbows :lol: . All kidding aside, it's Father's Day weekend - it's probably going to be completely insane up there, and getting an autograph could be tough.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
jlecates said:
Well, I'll be in the front row next to the dugout, so stay away or I will throw elbows :lol: . All kidding aside, it's Father's Day weekend - it's probably going to be completely insane up there, and getting an autograph could be tough.

Yeah, I don't expect it to be easy. But I'd still like to know what are my best chances of getting something. I don't want to be on one side of the stadium and have Harper signing on the other side. I've never been to a minor league game, nor have I every attempted to get an autograph at a sporting event. So I'm 100% clueless in this area. The most important thing, I'm just happy to live close enough to catch both Machado and Harper playing in the same game. Getting an auto would be a bonus.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
sportscardfanatic said:
jlecates said:

Yeah, I don't expect it to be easy. But I'd still like to know what are my best chances of getting something. I don't want to be on one side of the stadium and have Harper signing on the other side. I've never been to a minor league game, nor have I every attempted to get an autograph at a sporting event. So I'm 100% clueless in this area. The most important thing, I'm just happy to live close enough to catch both Machado and Harper playing in the same game. Getting an auto would be a bonus.
Both teams will enter the field from a building down the right field line. The Hagerstown dugout is on the first base side, while the visitors dugout is opposite. Sometimes visitors will sign on the first base side, but typically you have to go over by their dugout. Once you are in the stadium if you look to the first base side you will see where everyone is gathered for autographs. Last I checked there were still box seats available.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Have a hot girl get it for you. If I remember correctly the clubhouses open up onto the parking lot with no fences or barracades. So you could wait until after the game. Not sure about their home clubhouse, but the visiting clubhouse was total garbage.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Since this is my first time, I'm going to stake it out the first night. I'm going to attempt to make all of the games. (Thurs-Sunday). Hopefully, I figure it out quickly and get something one of those days. If not, I'll catch a different night for a game that's not too crowded.

I might also try to catch the All Star Game in Salisbury (where Delmarva Plays). Harper is in the home run derby so that should be interesting.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
sportscardfanatic said:
Since this is my first time, I'm going to stake it out the first night. I'm going to attempt to make all of the games. (Thurs-Sunday). Hopefully, I figure it out quickly and get something one of those days. If not, I'll catch a different night for a game that's not too crowded.

I might also try to catch the All Star Game in Salisbury (where Delmarva Plays). Harper is in the home run derby so that should be interesting.
Probably be tougher in Delmarva.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Just an update. I went to the Suns game last night for the 1st of 4 games against Delmarva. It was my very first time at a minor league game. As soon as I enter the park, I can see the players in the dugout and there's Harper. Pretty cool to be that close to someone with so much hype surrounding him. So I grab a seat in the bleachers. I had all of my tools for a graph, but I didn't know what to expect, so I sat and watched how others did things. Yesterday was unique because they had a double header (a continuation of a rained out game and the scheduled game). Anyway, once the first game was over, it was a mad house along the 1st base line. I realize people, like myself, would take up a chance to get an autograph, but it almost looked like these guys were professionals. They knew were to stand, how to get the players attention, all of that. It was just amusing to watch. Part of me really wanted the autograph, but then part of me didn't like what I was seeing. It just seemed like madness. Anyway, I had fun regardless. I don't know why I've never gone to a minor league game in the past. It's cheap, it's a cool way to see future stars, and it's not crowded. I'm taking the whole family up tonight.

And I have to take something I said back from a different thread. I know a lot of people made a big stink out of the blown kiss by Harper. I was saying, the dude is only 18...yada yada yada. When I saw Harper strike out yesterday, he got mad and slammed his helmet on the plate. When I saw that, I was really surprised at how immature that looks, even for an 18 year old. It kinda gave me a different perspective on the kiss from the other game. I'm not judging him as a person, because that would be unfair. But he does have a lot of growing up to do before he can play with the big boys. He might have a big bat and hit REALLY hard, but at the professional level, that just seems childish. Anyway, I'm not giving up on him...it just seemed odd.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
jlecates said:
jbrown said:
Your best bet it to wait until the 3rd day.
You know, I was going to say that, but I just figured everyone knew by now :lol: .

Just so I understand...

Are you saying...

Day 1 - No Harper Auto
Day 2 - No Harper Auto
Day 3 - Harper Auto?

The Guinness ads when the guys declare "Brilliant" come to mind...that and a funny thread in the HOS.

Members online

Latest posts