Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If I file an Unpaid Item Case Can He Still Leave Negative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
All he has to do is respond to the NPB. Then he can leave a neg whether he pays or not

If he doesn't respond and doesn't pay, neither of you can leave any feedback

Ebay blows young goats

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
zep33 said:
All he has to do is respond to the NPB. Then he can leave a neg whether he pays or not

Ebay blows young goats

Actually, there is no "response" part anymore. Either he pays, and the case is automatically closed, or he doesn't, in which case the seller gets his fees back.

If the buyer pays, he can leave whatever he pleases as feedback. If he doesn't pay and the case is closed, he can't leave any feedback at all after that. HOWEVER, the buyer can still leave feedback before the case closes and then not pay, but you can have ebay remove that if he leaves a negative that way.

The seller can still leave positive feedback in either case (though there is no point in doing so if the buyer doesn't pay).

zep33

Aug 24, 2008
Cape Cod, Mass
cmnkb8 said:
zep33 said:

Ebay blows young goats

Actually, there is no "response" part anymore. Either he pays, and the case is automatically closed, or he doesn't, in which case the seller gets his fees back.

If the buyer pays, he can leave whatever he pleases as feedback. If he doesn't pay and the case is closed, he can't leave any feedback at all after that. HOWEVER, the buyer can still leave feedback before the case closes and then not pay, but you can have ebay remove that if he leaves a negative that way.

The seller can still leave positive feedback in either case (though there is no point in doing so if the buyer doesn't pay).

Seller is blocked from leaving any feedback at all (positive or negative) if the buyer never paid. I have one right now taking up space in my "leave feedback section"

"Sorry, it's not possible to leave feedback for this transaction.
Feedback has been disabled because payment was not recorded"

Also, good luck getting Ebay to remove negative feedback. That's a roll of the dice since none of the idiots live in the real world that make those kind of decisions.

Unless it's changed, and maybe it has, all a buyer had to do was respond to a NPB case with a reply like "Seller was rude and I don't feel comfortable doing business with him" That would be enough to leave the feedback option available to that buyer and Ebay would not remove the negative that went along with it.

Members online