Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 bowman redemption-need pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showoff

Aug 8, 2009
So I bought one yesterday on ebay, told the guy to scratch it and send me the code. Apparently he ruined the card, can anyone verify that there is a plastic thing covering the code? He refunded. Either way he's bsing me. I told him I need a pic and he hasn't responed. What should I do from here if he doesnt send it but still has the redemption and is unwilling to send it?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
showoff said:
So I bought one yesterday on ebay, told the guy to scratch it and send me the code. Apparently he ruined the card, can anyone verify that there is a plastic thing covering the code? He refunded. Either way he's bsing me. I told him I need a pic and he hasn't responed. What should I do from here if he doesnt send it but still has the redemption and is unwilling to send it?
That actually does happen very often.
He probably isn't bull shitting you.
He knows what he has. It's not a secret.
You paid, you got refunded.
Move on and buy another card from someone else.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
That has happened to quite a few people so far. They scratch the back coding too hard and then they can't read the numbers. All you have to do is mail in the redemption card and Topps will give you something. If he refunded then I would think all is good on your part.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I ruined one from 2010 A&G and had to send the card in via usps instead of entering the code.

This is the problem with asking people to simply email the code. You have your refund, I would move on.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
FYI, NEVER use a knife edge to scratch them, cause that'll take those numbers off toot, sweet.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I would also make sure you don't scratch the code with any of these:

1) Axe
2) Chainsaw blade
3) Edge of a chinese star
4) Edward Scissorhands
5) Opposum claws
6) Rusty nail

seriously, how can someone screw this up? Have they never scratched one of those lottery tickets or contest cards? I have to admit, the first think I reached for when I needed to scratch a code was my Rambo knife, but now I know that a
penny will also work.

Kevin

Latest posts