Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Four card PSA sub mailday of what else? VINTAGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Subbed 5 cards and one did not end up getting slabbed, ah well. Mainly just wanted them slabbed for the PC but am content with the grades:

(Straight to the point today, too tired to do any writeups LOL)

psasub01.jpg

psasub04.jpg

psasub03.jpg

psasub02.jpg
Grader was VERY generous on this one, as you can tell from the upper left corner being quite soft. I am not complaining though! :D (I expected a PSA 4)

Big shoutout for Mr. Talmer aka birdsfan85 for letting me hop in on his PSA sub. :cool:

Thanks for looking!
-Scott

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Scotty.

what didnt get slabbed and why?

Also, WHERE did you get that Yaz raw? thats a fine copy, not much print marking on it
My E91-C Niles, the label on the Card Saver said Miscut :?

I wish they slabbed it as Authentic but no biggie....

(No scan of it right now, will get one up sometime tomorrow)

Yaz was given to me by James (Rebelpawn).....he's an ok guy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
they look great in the slabs Scott. congrats on the 5!!!

I miss the write-ups. it's always fun reading some Red Sox history.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:

Thanks Dave, the Cady looks especially great in the slab because of the red label.

A couple interesting tidbits on Lord:

"In 1910, the Red Sox fielded ten men who had been or would become MLB managers - no other team in history as ever had more. Lord was joined in this feat by Bill Carrigan, Gavvy Cravath, Doc Gessler, Deacon McGuire, Tris Speaker, Jake Stahl, Bob Unglaub, Heinie Wagner and Cy Young"

"On June 30, 1910, Lord was timed from home to first in 3.4 seconds." - Pre-war Jacoby Ellsbury? :D

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
FREE YAZ ROOKIE???!?!?!?!?

LOVE IT!

you owe the man a reach around!
That's no joke! :mrgreen:

I was stunned! A whole box of Red Sox including the Yaz, and a lot of Red Sox gu/autos/RCs, etc... He's good people. :)

edited with highlights:

redsoxgroup.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
scotty21690 said:
pghbuccos said:

Thanks Dave, the Cady looks especially great in the slab because of the red label.

"In 1910, the Red Sox fielded ten men who had been or would become MLB managers - no other team in history as ever had more. Lord was joined in this feat by Bill Carrigan, Gavvy Cravath, Doc Gessler, Deacon McGuire, Tris Speaker, Jake Stahl, Bob Unglaub, Heinie Wagner and Cy Young"

"On June 30, 1910, Lord was timed from home to first in 3.4 seconds." - Pre-war Jacoby Ellsbury? :D

:D :) :p :mrgreen:

post thanked for some more Red Sox knowledge. 3.4 is ridiculously fast :eek:

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pghbuccos said:
scotty21690 said:
pghbuccos said:

:D :) :p :mrgreen:

post thanked for some more Red Sox knowledge. 3.4 is ridiculously fast :eek:
Yes it is!

I believe the Red Sox would have kept Lord had he not broken his finger in 1910, as he had a few good seasons after that with the White Sox...

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Great stuff scotty. My Yaz Rc probably a 3 with the print line on the bottom, but still have yet to renew my PSA membership for the year. I'll edit a scan in. You did well

5457015900_c4ce80e60c_m.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
love the yaz, scotty and great grades!

one of my psa dna goals is that yaz rc card! hope he somehow makes it here in nyc area for a signing in the future!

dave

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
darrend505 said:
I love me some slabbed vintage!!!
Me too, Darren. Me too. :)

wolfmanalfredo - Thanks Andy! Very nice Yaz RC yourself! Hopefully you get the same grader I get if you decide to send it in. :D

TBP - Very nice Yaz, Eric...it must have a lot of sentimental value as well, which makes it even better! (Be glad that one didn't make it into his bike spokes. :twisted: )

daveyou - Thanks Dave :) Good luck on getting a slabbed/signed Yaz RC!

Members online

Latest posts