Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

keep or sell this pujols rc auto???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
ive had this card for a while because it was at the time the only pujols rc auto i could afford and it had a good auto on it even though it was graded altered, i believe someone trimmed it. picked it up for $225

so my question is if it were your card would you keep it even though its altered or sell and put the money into something else possibly snother pujols rc auto?

IMG_6890.jpg

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
schmidtfan20 said:
why the hell would you still have that in a BGS holder?

Kevin
because if i take it out and put it in a 1 touch it will be rattling all around in there because its trimmed???

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
rum151man said:
schmidtfan20 said:
why the hell would you still have that in a BGS holder?

Kevin
because if i take it out and put it in a 1 touch it will be rattling all around in there because its trimmed???
and when i do sell i want the buyer to know its altered, im not a scam artist like most people on ebay and sell the card raw and list it as is

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
schmidtfan20 said:
Did you know you were buying a trimmed card?

Kevin
when i bought it i knew it was altered i was hoping maybe one of the corners was colored or something but its pretty obvious its trimmed

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
rum151man said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
when i bought it i knew it was altered i was hoping maybe one of the corners was colored or something but its pretty obvious its trimmed

ahh, I think its a bad time to sell Pujols stuff period. If I owned that card it would be in a penny sleeve and top
load. That case is doing NOTHING for the value of the card. Its not like you trimmed it or something.

Good Luck if you do sell, I always kinda liked the 02 bowman heritage, even though it isn't a rc auto

Kevin

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
These cards were pretty good at being graded.
The altered tag would lead me to believe the auto was played with.
Altered meaning the autograph was "retraced".

Do you think they'd have graded the auto a 9 if that were true?

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
These cards were pretty good at being graded.
The altered tag would lead me to believe the auto was played with.
Altered meaning the autograph was "retraced".
Auto is good it's been trimmed

Why would anyone take the chance and trim a card like that???? ::facepalm::

The old LCS had that card in his showcase from the day the product came out with an insane price tag.
It sat there for 3+ years under the blazing sunlight and flourescent lights till there was NO auto on the card anymore....

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
rum151man said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

ahh, I think its a bad time to sell Pujols stuff period. If I owned that card it would be in a penny sleeve and top
load. That case is doing NOTHING for the value of the card. Its not like you trimmed it or something.

Good Luck if you do sell, I always kinda liked the 02 bowman heritage, even though it isn't a rc auto

Kevin

Is your last name Burge by any chance? The idea of knowingly selling a card that you removed from an altered tab without telling anybody is scum as much as the guy who trimmed it initially. This isn't like cracking a BGS 9 because you think it could grade mint and selling it raw. This is a card that has been restored and thereby damaged and if you were to knowingly sell a damaged card without a description in hopes that nobody would find out, then you are a black mark on the hobby.

Kudos to the seller for being honest and saying that he would sell it just as he bought it. Hopefully the next owner is not as unscrupulous as this poster and decides to be up front with the fact that the card has been damaged.

I swear, this hobby sometimes...... the things people can talk themselves into all for the sake of making a buck or two more.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Vagrant said:
schmidtfan20 said:
rum151man said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

Kevin

Is your last name Burge by any chance? The idea of knowingly selling a card that you removed from an altered tab without telling anybody is scum as much as the guy who trimmed it initially. This isn't like cracking a BGS 9 because you think it could grade mint and selling it raw. This is a card that has been restored and thereby damaged and if you were to knowingly sell a damaged card without a description in hopes that nobody would find out, then you are a black mark on the hobby.

Kudos to the seller for being honest and saying that he would sell it just as he bought it. Hopefully the next owner is not as unscrupulous as this poster and decides to be up front with the fact that the card has been damaged.

I swear, this hobby sometimes...... the things people can talk themselves into all for the sake of making a buck or two more.

chill out dude. It might also help to re-read the entire post. He didn't buy the card in the slab, he was the one
who got it graded, so he has the right to pull it out, no one said to sell it altered, the OP'er is clearly not looking
to do that, but if it was in my collection I wouldn't want it in a slab that said ALTERED. BGS is just one opinion, if the
OP doesn't like that he can crack it out.

I will have to admit that the first thing I thought of when I saw the card is that beckett determined that the sig
was altered. The A in Albert doesn't look right and we all know these cards can fade. If this is the case then the
card is worthless.

Kevin

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
schmidtfan20 said:
chill out dude. It might also help to re-read the entire post. He didn't buy the card in the slab, he was the one
who got it graded, so he has the right to pull it out, no one said to sell it altered,

I think YOU have to re-read the thread, as the OP did buy the card already graded altered by BGS.

rum151man said:
ive had this card for a while because it was at the time the only pujols rc auto i could afford and it had a good auto on it even though it was graded altered, i believe someone trimmed it. picked it up for $225

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
G $MONEY$ said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Correct I did purchase already graded by bgs

who got it graded, so he has the right to pull it out, no one said to sell it altered,

I think YOU have to re-read the thread, as the OP did buy the card already graded altered by BGS.

rum151man said:

rum151man

Mar 9, 2010
Nor Cal
rum151man said:
G $MONEY$ said:
schmidtfan20 said:

rum151man said:
ive had this card for a while because it was at the time the only pujols rc auto i could afford and it had a good auto on it even though it was graded altered,
i believe someone trimmed it. picked it up for $225

Members online

Latest posts