Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who (besides catchers) do you hate to see run the bases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
After watching Nick Swisher run like he had a 10lb load in tow it got me to thinking who do you hate to see run the bases. I used to hate watching Tino Martinez run. He wasnt a big guy but damn he was slow. Swisher is not a base clogger.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Adrian Gonzalez is pretty rough but when you hit for the kind of power he does, it doesn't matter as much.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
My boy Adam Dunn has been known to clog a base or 4. Last year while playing for Washington, the Nats were playing the Astros in Houston. Dunn was on 1st after a walk and Willingham (I believe) hits a double. Dunn came around to score. The only problem was that he missed 2nd Base. ::facepalm:: The Astros threw over to 2nd and he was called out. Inning over, run didn't count.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
GarkoCollector said:
Prince Fielder.
Looks like a runaway train

He's a TON better this year, but you're right...

But unlike the other uncoordinated guys, Prince is dangerous when other people are on the base-paths.

And anyone who trips over second base should just be out.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
GarkoCollector said:
Prince Fielder.
Looks like a runaway train

He's a TON better this year, but you're right...

But unlike the other uncoordinated guys, Prince is dangerous when other people are on the base-paths.

And anyone who trips over second base should just be out.

I can see princes excuse but for guys that are in shape and cant run at all piss me off.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
i hate to see gardner on base unless hes on third and als Teixiera hes another yankee who is slow as hell

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Matt Kemp
/end thread

How he runs the bases with his head up his ass is beyond me. I don't think anyone has been tagged out more than he has on the base paths by being stupid. He makes a base running mistake at least once every other week on average.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Manny Ramirez was my least favorite person to see running bases.. especialy on groundouts where he would jog out the box and head back to the dugout half way up the line. Nothing pisses me off more than people who don't play hard.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Manny was awful watching him half ass it all the time.

1st4040 said:
Manny Ramirez was my least favorite person to see running bases.. especialy on groundouts where he would jog out the box and head back to the dugout half way up the line. Nothing pisses me off more than people who don't play hard.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
ThoseBackPages said:
Jose Reyes is very fast, but im guessing most people do not realize how bad of a base runner he is because of that speed

Only a true Mets fan would recognize this...glad it isnt just me

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Lance Berkman used to drive me crazy when he was with the Astros.
Now that he's on another team he's lost a lot of weight and has to be faster than he was as "Fat Elvis".
Hunter Pence while fast, has made some poor decisions on the base paths this year too.
David

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
padremurph said:
masonphillip said:
Adrian Gonzalez is pretty rough but when you hit for the kind of power he does, it doesn't matter as much.

Yup. Adrian is sloooooow.
He scored from first on a double the other night....My jaw hit the floor for a few seconds. :eek: