Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jays extend Yunel Escobar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Very much deserved and a very team friendly deal.

2012 & 2013 at $5MM per season and team options for 2014 and 2015 at $5MM per each.

So potential for 4/$20MM. Geez, I'll take that.

He's hitting .281/.359/.431 with 8 HRs in 66 games. Still the occasional brainfart but he has really matured under Bautista's leadership.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
I've been pretty happy with Escobar so far. A team of Escobar and Hechevarria should make a pretty decent DP combo. I'm guessing the Jays will not pick up Hill's options.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Still wish the Braves didn't trade him for the out machine known as Alex Gonzalez. His defense this year has been awesome but Yunel is no slouch either.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Looks like a really good deal for the Jays considering the talks about Reyes and his potential contract. Still can't believe the Braves traded him for Gonzalez either. Yunel is exactly what the Braves need at the top of the lineup.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I know Yunel seemed to have worn out his welcome in Atlanta, and sometimes a change of scenery does wonders for a player. But yeah, guys like Escobar shouldn't be traded for journeymen.

And Jojo is even turning into a decent major league pitcher!

That said, Pastornicky looks like he'll definitely play in the majors. Probably won't be flashy but he could be an everyday SS.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
That is a very nice deal for the Jays. Even if Escobar is just an average SS, 5 million a year is not a bad price. If he plays the way he is capable, its a steal. If he turns into a butthead, the contract is small enough to eat or to trade him off.

Edit- I guess this means they aren't that impressed with Adeiny Hechavarria.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
It got to the point where the Braves had to trade Yunel, Bobby just wasn't going to put up with him anymore.

Members online

No members online now.