Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols Hurt..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Didn't see a post on this so far..

Betemit was running down the line, Pujols caught the ball a bit inside the line, Betemit ran into his glove, and Pujols' wrist snapped back. He went down wincing in pain.

Preliminary report is a sprained wrist, but they'll evaluate him further tomorrow.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Brian Tallet came in and intentionally hit Alex Gordon. He actually threw at Gordon twice, missing the first time..

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
As a 1B...that is one of the easiest ways to get seriously hurt (Cliff Floyd). Hopefully he's ok.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
One of the many reasons why a 1st baseman should be a Lefty....

Unless youre slow and cant play 3rd well anymore.....

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
sportscardtheory said:
They really need to change the rules for batters running to first so no one gets hurt.
~~They could use those Orange/White double bases like in Slow-Pitch Softball~~

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Hopefully they'll change the 100 year old rules of baseball to protect Pujols in the future. Maybe make the first base line some sort of tunnel.

Seriously though his arm was fully in the runners path on that play. There was no where for Betemit to run and still touch the bag. Batter has the right of way in that situation.

All class to throw at Gordon, too. That's just good, knowledgeable baseball, right there.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
Skorris CCBC said:
Brian Tallet came in and intentionally hit Alex Gordon. He actually threw at Gordon twice, missing the first time..
LaRussa is such a *******.

I almost don't think it was Tony's move. Tony isn't afraid to retaliate, but I don't see him ordering that. I watched a La Russa interview with Costas a few weeks ago that kind of made me think that wasn't his call there. But who knows, maybe it was.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Skorris CCBC said:

That is both funny and sad...

sportscardtheory said:
They really need to change the rules for batters running to first so no one gets hurt.

You're just saying that because he's a big star! I think they should move him behind the plate so he can have some protective gear on...

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
ajbraves25 said:
koal said:
hopefully now votto gets the start he deserves on the all star team

Votto to start in the All-Star game at 1st? What about Prince Fielder that is out performing every 1B in baseball right now?

~AJ
was just going to post that! Votto can't stand the Cubs.i can't stand Votto
icon_twisted.gif

Members online

No members online now.