Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1996 Tim Salmon Crash the Game Gold Pickup. Need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Picked this up recently. Wondering if anyone knows which version this is(scan below).

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG8 Tim Salmon

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG8B Tim Salmon 7/30

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG8C Tim Salmon 9/9 - Stated Print Run 9

I checked others and they all have the same card number. Beckett checklist added the "B" and "C". Something tells me it's the last one but I'm not sure, if so I got a great deal on it.

1996SalmonTYCTG2cRS.jpg

Thanks - Angel

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
What you have is the insert card that was inserted into packs. 1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Gold 9/9. I'm not sure where you got the information that was only 9 produced though. Beckett? I believe that is incorrect.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
This is totally off my the top of my head, so I may be totally incorrect. I believe the golds were inserted at a rate of 1:55, while the silvers were 1:5. As I kid I remember dropping $5 for 5 packs at the BX because I was practically guaranteed to get 5 silver signatures and 1 Crash the Game. The exchange cards you received if your player hit a homerun during the designated day were so cool...

3770121_s1_i1.jpg

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
None of the Salmons were winners. Looks like the third gold version for most players had a very limited print run. The redeemed cards look like the one packbusta posted. Going to look through my other Salmons and see what dates those have on the front.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Bornagaincollector said:
I have [2] Albert Belle's just like the Salmon,I have to dig them out.I believe the 9 print run is incorrect.I know of more then 9 Belles in exsistance.

Not all had a stated print of 9. Just one of the dates for the pack inserted golds had a small print run.

1996 Collector's Choice Crash the Game Gold #CG11C Albert Belle 9/6 - Print Run 6

Some players have a print run as high as 30 according to Beckett.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Those aren't print runs, those are just the dates that are on the card. The Salmon is September 9-12, or 9/9-9/12. Beckett just lists by the first day for simplicity: 9/9. The Belle card you mentioned has a starting date of 9/6 on it. It looks like a print run as high as 30 for some players because the latest date on any of them is the 30th of their respective months (Fielder, Salmon, and McGriff are three of them). If these were all really that rare, they'd be serial #'ed for sure, and they'd be even more legendarily hard to find than the Certified Mirror Golds.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
DeliciousBacon said:
Those aren't print runs, those are just the dates that are on the card. The Salmon is September 9-12, or 9/9-9/12. Beckett just lists by the first day for simplicity: 9/9. The Belle card you mentioned has a starting date of 9/6 on it. It looks like a print run as high as 30 for some players because the latest date on any of them is the 30th of their respective months (Fielder, Salmon, and McGriff are three of them). If these were all really that rare, they'd be serial #'ed for sure, and they'd be even more legendarily hard to find than the Certified Mirror Golds.
that is correct. if those were print runs i would be rich beyond my dreams! i have the complete set of the silver and gold. 90 cards each. and then some. i have 5 of the gold send backs and 4 silvers. the send backs are tough to find. there are no print runs.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like Beckett has screwed up and confused the date as the print run... They have the 9/9 (which is Sept 9th) as a print run of 9, and the Belle 9/6 as a print run of 6.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
just to clarify you have the C version of the card.. they are not a numbered or stated print run and Beckett's checklist is by no means a gospel.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Thanks for the replies. Not surprised Beckett made a another mistake. Also glad it went nowhere near my max bid. :D

Members online

Latest posts