Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for set collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
I have read the TOS and feel this post does not violate any rules. Please inform me if I am incorrect.

I am an avid set collector and feel it is one of the aspects that this hobby was built upon. I also feel that it is an aspect of the hobby that has slowly faded in the background. Reasons vary, but among the issues, limited # of collectors are focused on the set building part of trading cards as card investment, player collections, and vintage popularity have taken hold.

I do however feel there is still a strong set builder following in this hobby - the main problem is set builders are spread out all over the internet.

I am thinking of a way to cater to set collectors - to bring them together in one ultimate social setting. A place where you can buy, trade and sell with one another for the sole purpose of completing sets. A place where you can form groups with other members with like set building interests. My goal is a seamless experience where all the site tools are just clicks away, with flawless usability - not the debacle Beckett has become.

My ideas are simply in the beginning phases but I am just wanting to gauge whether or not there is a desire for something like this. Or am I way off and trading on multiple forums/sites with different rules is what my set building brethren desire?

I'd love to hear feedback.

thanks!

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Sounds like a fine idea. Now you just have to create the site, get people to it and sustain the membership. Run with it!

Set building on FCB is tough. Not a lot of viewers to this forum and it's sort of buried. I don't think there are a lot of builders here. The Bench has a good set building forum. I do most of my set trading needs there and get a good reply to my posts. Depending on the set, you can get some action at collectors universe forums too. There is a heavy contingent of Topps Heritage and Allen & Ginter breakers/set builders there.

Members online

Latest posts