Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SHipping To Taiwan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I sold an item tonight to a buyer from taiwan. I clearly stated that i only ship within the U.S., but of course some people have difficulty reading.

My question is, how much does it cost to ship to Taiwan and would I need to put a DC number on the package? The buyer has good feedback which is why i'm considering shipping it to him.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
with tracking is somewhere in the area of $25.00

If you dont have it all they have to say is they never got it and you lose 100% of the time. And since sellers cant leave negatives his feedback is irrelevant.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
with tracking is somewhere in the area of $25.00

If you dont have it all they have to say is they never got it and you lose 100% of the time. And since sellers cant leave negatives his feedback is irrelevant.

Are you suggesting that I dont ship?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
USPS, it's either Registered mail or Express, I do not recall which. It's $25 base and then there's a small charge for insurance (I think the card I shipped with $400 insurance was an additional $3.) Got there in under a week as well and you are protected. Assuming the card is worth it to them, have them cover the shipping and send it off.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Nick1190 said:
Are you suggesting that I dont ship?

I wouldnt if my auction clearly states so, But its up to you. I usually just put in my auctions international shipping is 30.00 it helps deter the people who think you will ship on your own dime.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Express Mail International is the only PayPal recommended delivery method for overseas transactions. Costs in the realm of $25 to $30, but it includes tracking and $100 in insurance. More insurance can be purchased.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I recently sold a lot of about 15 Bowman 2011 Chen cards and the buyer was from Taiwan, even though I don't ship internationally either. I asked him if he wanted the cheapest option and he said yes. It cost me $2.35, and probably won't get there for weeks. If he says he never got them, I'll just refund him his money b/c the lot only went for 99-cents.

Is there a way to block international bidders from bidding on your auctions if you don't ship internationally?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Boylen33 said:
Is there a way to block international bidders from bidding on your auctions if you don't ship internationally?

Yes, it's under selling preferences, but it's been so long since I've done it (same reason, int'l bidder despite no int'l shipping stated in listing) that I've forgotten where exactly.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Under: Give buyers shipping details

For: International shipping - Set to "No International Shipping" in the drop down box.

For: Exclude shipping locations - Click on "Create exclusion list"

Pick all the countries you don't ship to. I don't ship internationally at all, so I click every country.

Don't know if it blocks bidders completely, but I haven't had any international bidders since I started doing that.

Edit: Just found how to set this up so you don't need to do it every time!

Under MyEbay, Under the Account tab, Click: Site Preferences.

Go to: Shipping Preferences and click: Show.

Under: Exclude shipping locations from your listings, click Edit and pick your countries to exclude, then save it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
^^^^yes, very important. You can't just select it in the listing, it has to be through the preferences; otherwise, int'l bidders can still bid.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
BunchOBull said:
^^^^yes, very important. You can't just select it in the listing, it has to be through the preferences; otherwise, int'l bidders can still bid.

Cool, guess I'm protected now. LOL!

Latest posts