Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Hey guys. I'm actually not working today. It's nice to be up this time of day and not just getting off work. It's like old times. :lol:

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
On a totally random note, you guys should be glad I don't know most of your real names. Otherwise I might be tempted to break HIPAA laws and look you up at work. :lol:

I'm joking.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Weimer said:
On a totally random note, you guys should be glad I don't know most of your real names. Otherwise I might be tempted to break HIPAA laws and look you up at work. :lol:

I'm not joking.

Where do you work?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
George_Calfas said:
Weimer said:
Hey guys. I'm actually not working today. It's nice to be up this time of day and not just getting off work. It's like old times. :lol:

Gatta love it!

Hey Art!

You have no idea. I'm so not used to working overnights. I've been working evenings most of my life at Papa Johns from like 4 pm or 5 pm until usually 9 or 10 pm at the latest. Now I'm working from 7 pm to 5 am and will be working 8 pm to 6 am starting next week. I also work a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule. So it's quite hectic to get used to so far.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Weimer said:
George_Calfas said:
Weimer said:

Gatta love it!

Hey Art!

You have no idea. I'm so not used to working overnights. I've been working evenings most of my life at Papa Johns from like 4 pm or 5 pm until usually 9 or 10 pm at the latest. Now I'm working from 7 pm to 5 am and will be working 8 pm to 6 am starting next week. I also work a 7 days on, 7 days off schedule. So it's quite hectic to get used to so far.

Any chance your schedule changes as people move on/openings occur?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
George_Calfas said:
Weimer said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1x83rekw]
Weimer said:

Gatta love it!

Hey Art!

Any chance your schedule changes as people move on/openings occur?[/quote:1x83rekw]

I'm not honestly sure how that works. I don't know if we can request a different start time as they become available or if we're stuck with that schedule no matter what once we're assigned it. At the earliest though I'd be starting at 5 pm because I was specifically hired on as an overnight operations center support representative. So basically no matter what, I won't be getting away from overnights. If that's what you were asking.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Weimer said:
George_Calfas said:
Weimer said:
[quote="George_Calfas":rcugm109]
Weimer said:

Gatta love it!

Hey Art!

I'm not honestly sure how that works. I don't know if we can request a different start time as they become available or if we're stuck with that schedule no matter what once we're assigned it. At the earliest though I'd be starting at 5 pm because I was specifically hired on as an overnight operations center support representative. So basically no matter what, I won't be getting away from overnights. If that's what you were asking.[/quote:rcugm109]

Guess you are stuck w/ overnight........good job I hope?

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
George_Calfas said:
Weimer said:
[quote="George_Calfas":zr426zbp]
Weimer said:
[quote="George_Calfas":zr426zbp]
Weimer said:

Gatta love it!

Hey Art!

I'm not honestly sure how that works. I don't know if we can request a different start time as they become available or if we're stuck with that schedule no matter what once we're assigned it. At the earliest though I'd be starting at 5 pm because I was specifically hired on as an overnight operations center support representative. So basically no matter what, I won't be getting away from overnights. If that's what you were asking.[/quote:zr426zbp]

Guess you are stuck w/ overnight........good job I hope?[/quote:zr426zbp]

It's not bad. I'm not really sure how I feel about it exactly yet though. I wouldn't say I like it, but I wouldn't say I dislike it either. Somewhere in the "it's a job" stage I guess. If I didn't have to talk on the phone (which I hate) I would probably love the job. I like all the tasks so far that don't require me to be making phone calls.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
George_Calfas said:
beefycheddar said:
Morning, Dan I'll have a video posted soon that you may like to see.

Rob, GM!

Morning GC, hope all is well.

and Dan here is the video, I'll probably post it to the main board later on too.

[youtube:17htz91x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_EzMao7_DI[/youtube:17htz91x]

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The main thing I don't like about the job is the hours. The nights I do work I go to work, come home and eat something, go to bed, wake up and shower, head to work. So all this past week I didn't get to check up on sports, watch TV/movies, read the news, play video games, spend time with my fiance, nothing. I feel completely out of the loop and like I'm missing things.

I know it will be nice to have 7 days off but working 70 hours in a 7 day straight period is going to be uhh...fun. :lol:

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Resident Piazza Fan":11s6j3ed]Off to the site this morning George?

In about 10 minutes.......should be 100+ degrees today, tomorrow, and Wednesday.[/quote:11s6j3ed]

How are things going so far? You guys having fun and making progress?

Members online

Latest posts