Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for Set Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Crosspost from Baseball>Set Building

I have read the TOS and feel this post does not violate any rules. Please inform me if I am incorrect.

I am an avid set collector and feel it is one of the aspects that this hobby was built upon. I also feel that it is an aspect of the hobby that has slowly faded in the background. Reasons vary, but among the issues, limited # of collectors are focused on the set building part of trading cards as card investment, player collections, and vintage popularity have taken hold.

I do however feel there is still a strong set builder following in this hobby - the main problem is set builders are spread out all over the internet.

I am thinking of a way to cater to set collectors - to bring them together in one ultimate social setting. A place where you can buy, trade and sell with one another for the sole purpose of completing sets. A place where you can form groups with other members with like set building interests. My goal is a seamless experience where all the site tools are just clicks away, with flawless usability - not the debacle Beckett has become.

My ideas are simply in the beginning phases but I am just wanting to gauge whether or not there is a desire for something like this. Or am I way off and trading on multiple forums/sites with different rules is what my set building brethren desire?

I'd love to hear feedback.

thanks!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I have around 600 sets and another 400 that are incomplete. My problem is no one has inventory for set collectors. I just put a 1990 Fleer football set in an album. It's missing 12 cards. Local shop doesn't have any, I'm not gonna buy another box on eBay, and I'm sure as hell not buying worthless commons for $1.10 each from Burbank

I'd love a set collecting forum.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
JoshHamilton said:
I have around 600 sets and another 400 that are incomplete. My problem is no one has inventory for set collectors. I just put a 1990 Fleer football set in an album. It's missing 12 cards. Local shop doesn't have any, I'm not gonna buy another box on eBay, and I'm sure as hell not buying worthless commons for $1.10 each from Burbank

I'd love a set collecting forum.[/quote]
I would want it to be on this site since I know many of the guys here.A sub forum with a thread for specifics sets would be great.I know there is the mini forum at the top of the baseball page but it gets no action.I don't think many people even realize it is there.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
I like the idea, however I am not sure how much trading would be going on. Sportlots is already a great way to complete your set. Granted commons are .18 cent a piece, but still a great resource.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts