Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who do the Braves trade: Jurrgens, Beachy, or Minor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Braves said they would like a to get an everyday outfielder and some bench help at the trade deadline:

Mike Minor- Minor's value is about as high as its ever gonna be. Waste to ask him to come out from the bullpen

Jair Jurrjens- Could be one of those pitchers you regret trading 3 years from now but he is going to be expensive past 2011.

Brandon Beachy- Cardinals during ST tested the waters for Beachy. Rasmus for Beachy ?

Braves have a surplus of pitching and who will overpay ?

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
James52411 said:
blitzerlover said:
I'd bet they trade Minor. Gilmartin makes him trade bait.

This, though you won't get anyone the caliber of Rasmus for him. I'd expect someone like Marlon Byrd.

Well, that's a given. I would say Minor is the most likely to be traded because he is the most likely to get the best value for the Braves relative to his worth. Beachy's lack of track record makes it unlikely that they could get someone that is as valueable as Beachy. Same goes for Jurrjens, for some reason other teams aren't as high on him as the Braves.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
cmnkb8 said:
sheetskout said:
AUTaxMan said:
Pretty sure it's going to be Minor. The others have much better upside.

Strongly disagree. The others don't have nearly the strikeout potential that Minor does.

I think Beachy has as much K potential as Minor. Beachy has also shown better command and control of his pitches.

This. He just punched out 11 in 6 IP today.

andrewnmisty

Jun 10, 2010
I would rather see Lowe go, but I doubt the Braves will be able to pull it off...though there are some teams in desperate need of pitching that could eat the $15 million contract...
I would hate to see Jurrjens, Beachy or Minor go. I think they will all be vital to the Braves resurrection in the upcoming seasons.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Minor and his elfish ears! I don't think he'll be more than a 4 or 5.. I think the trade potential value is there!. .pull the trigger.. add in McClouth

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
sheetskout said:
AUTaxMan said:
Pretty sure it's going to be Minor. The others have much better upside.

Strongly disagree. The others don't have nearly the strikeout potential that Minor does.

Huh? After a quick check, it seems that Beachy and Minor have around the same K rates in the minors, with perhaps a slight edge to Beachy. Both have been around 1 K/inning, or a little higher.

This year in the big leagues Beachy has 57 K in 50 IP. Minor has 26 K in 33 IP in the big leagues.

K advantage: Beachy.

Going more into the stats this year in the big leagues, Minor has a 4.59 ERA/1.59 WHIP, while Beachy has a 3.22 ERA/1.07 WHIP.

The only thing Minor seems to have going for him, compared to Beachy, is that he is left handed. Minor IMO is clearly option #3 behind Jurrjens and Beachy.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
Why would the Braves trade a proven starter in the middle of a playoff race? They arent going to win the east,but the w.c. is wile open.

Because they have at least 7 quality starting options for 5 spots and desperately need a bat.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
might not be able to trade any of them. doesn't look like Julio or Delgado are ready for the rotation this year - although both are going to be ahead of beachy and minor.

Jurrjens is the ace of the staff boys and girls. He's no lower than #2 in years to come interchanged with Hanson. Huddy and Lowe ain't getting any younger.

Trade Beachy or Minor in my opinion but not a big fan of renting a player for two months to be honest.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
TRADE MINOR.. Next years rotation in no particular order: Jurrgens, Hudson, Lowe, Hanson, and Beachy no need to keep Minor when you have so many good pitchers in your farm system and 1-2 of them will be MLB ready next year (Teheran, Delgado)

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
StrasburgMania said:
TRADE MINOR.. Next years rotation in no particular order: Jurrgens, Hudson, Lowe, Hanson, and Beachy no need to keep Minor when you have so many good pitchers in your farm system and 1-2 of them will be MLB ready next year (Teheran, Delgado)

great minds think alike. buy low and sell high on Minor. although Beachy is certainly expendable as well .

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have heard from Braves folks that the Braves drafted Minor as trade bait because they knew he was fully developed as a pitcher and would turn some heads early.

Members online

Latest posts