Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone just spent 200.00 on a fake pujols auto's rc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Wasn't it like only the first so many were actually auto'd?

First 100. They were all signed in thin, black in the lower left corner.

Most of the fakes (purchased from the Fleer bankruptcy auctions) are signed in big, bold black in the middle of the card. His autograph is very tight and distinct on the real ones, as well.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="A_Pharis":27zofg94]Wasn't it like only the first so many were actually auto'd?

First 100. They were all signed in thin, black in the lower left corner.

Most of the fakes (purchased from the Fleer bankruptcy auctions) are signed in big, bold black in the middle of the card. His autograph is very tight and distinct on the real ones, as well.[/quote:27zofg94]

I agree on the pen thickness but the 1st 100 I've always thought of as a rumor. Have you ever seen any proof?

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Are you sure it's just not 100 random autos? Cause it has the Authentic Signature lable on it. There is another non auto'd one for sale in the 600/799 range.

~AJ

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
Are you sure it's just not 100 random autos? Cause it has the Authentic Signature lable on it. There is another non auto'd one for sale in the 600/799 range.

~AJ

Every authentic copy I've seen is under 100.

And you're missing the point. A ton of unsigned ones got out with "Authentic Signature" labels.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
afrobandit said:
Is this fake? Note the 539/799 serial number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-FLEER-LEGACY-A ... 4cf7ca252e

Fake. PSA graded a few fakes before they decided not to grade Legacy's any longer.

I had two at the time a bunch of fakes rolled out. Mine were authentic, but I moved them anyway because I was scared of what this would do to them.

Even the real ones that are selling are getting terrible $ due to these fakes. I'll see if I can find some real ones to show you guys.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Here's some more opinions/insight on this card.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=630465&STARTPAGE=1

I used to have alot of pics of this card. One guy had a gang scan with 9 of them signed. All fake of course. I've heard the 1st 100 and thought I've read Beckett assumed it was teh 1st hundred signed but I've never seen any proof or seen anyone credible validate that. SGC, PSA and I think BGS were all duped in slabbing some of these fakes.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
This cards always shows up on message boards, probably because it is one if not the most frenquently forged
Pujols autographs, along with the topps buyback autos. Owners of these cards (real or not) have to come on these
message boards and defend their investment. I wouldn't touch ANY of these legacy autograph cards. I have heard
that the first *** are numbered and I have also heard that they were skipped numbered. What we do know is that
fleer back doored PLENTY of product and that they sold out at the end. I wouldn't touch any of these with a ten
foot poll.

Kevin

Members online