Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A big thank you to three oustanding guys!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I'm a Sean Casey collector, as is pghbuccos. Recently I found a few cards that he needed for his PC, and he sent a few back in return. Got a package from him the other day, and...

img355.jpg

Woah! Revolution Red? Chrome Refractor? Fleer Final Cut GU????? You are thanked, my good man! :D

This second one is a belated public thank you. A while back I posted about some Troy Glaus base cards I was looking for. Got a PM from bighurtcollector and absolutely blew my mind into little pieces when I opened up a package from him:

img358.jpg

You are thanked again, good sir! :D

Last but certainly not least, at the same time I heard from Thumpersports. His Glaus collection puts mine to shame, and I'd like to think mine's pretty good, so goes to show how great his is! Yesterday I got a package from Canada, which apparantly had been sitting around for a bit due to the strike up there. I'd forgotten he was helping me with my Glaus collection as well, until I saw:

img356.jpg

Great stuff there. But wait - there's more!

img357.jpg

I've yet to find a Tek Gold that was reasonably priced, and what do I find in the mail? :D

I can't thank these guys enough! This is going way above and beyond anything I would have ever hoped. There are plenty of complete and utter toolbags I see at shows that are part of our hobby, it's always nice to see how many genuine stand-ups guys are out there as well.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
The standup guys you always seem to meet online not at shows.. greed rules this hobby now unlike the days of old. You got some nice cards from a couple of great members here!

on a side note. how do you keep focus with so many players that you collect?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
1st4040 said:
The standup guys you always seem to meet online not at shows.. greed rules this hobby now unlike the days of old. You got some nice cards from a couple of great members here!

on a side note. how do you keep focus with so many players that you collect?

My one pet peeve about some of the people I run into at shows around here is that they aren't collectors. There's one guy who just buys and buys, then sets up at shows trying to make as much as possible. However, from talking to him, he doesn't know what he has apart from high-end prospects and RCs. What's the point of doing this if you can only get excited about cards when people are paying you for them? Not to mention the pack searcher who sells hot packs to people who just don't know better, or the guy who get pissy when you try to look through a dime box he isn't looking at, or the dealers who sell 2010 and 2011 commons at full BV.

I somehow manage to keep focus with heavy use of spreadsheets. That's my secret, wantlists in spreadsheet form. I have a lot of them set up in a way where I can memorize a good chunk of what I need, although I still end up with 75-100 dupes from every show I go to.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I'm glad to help out your Casey collection after you helped me out with mine.

very nice Glaus' from 2 great FCB'ers as well.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
wow, thanks for the "shout out". glad i could get some Glaus cards in your collection you didn't have. Glad the black ended up in a player collection too!

You're very welcome!

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Thanks for the shout out as well. Ive got a few more im going to send you when the mail strike is over. ( you might have to remind me though)

You did help me find a few I needed, so I am glad I could help you out.

I hope those were the ones off your list you needed. :)

-Spencer

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Thumpersports said:
Thanks for the shout out as well. Ive got a few more im going to send you when the mail strike is over. ( you might have to remind me though)

You did help me find a few I needed, so I am glad I could help you out.

I hope those were the ones off your list you needed. :)

-Spencer

Everything you sent was on my need list, except for one of the UD HoloGRfx cards. I mixed up 1999 and 2000 at one point so I didn't know which one I needed. That Tek is a beautiful card, I can't thank you enough for that one! It's now my lowest #'ed Glaus, edging out the 2008 UD Heroes Purple /25 I picked up in a blaster at KMart last week. Squealed like a little girl at Twilight when I pulled that!

Did you get my message about the 2011 Bowman USA Patch?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts