Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Philly Fans / Philly FCBers Come In!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Wife and I just found out we're going to Philadelphia next week. Never been there. Red Sawx are in town for two games when we'll be there (Wednesday and Thursday). What's the best bet for tickets? Should I rush and try to get some on Stubhub or can we get some on the street before the game?

Ant tips / advice for our trip? We'll be there for close to a week. Recommendations on places to go / things to see??? We're really not into the touristy type crap. Any ideas on good dining or places to get a drink? We're staying right downtown at the Doubletree.

Most important, any fellow FCBers planning on being at either game? Would love to meet up and share a barley-pop or two......

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I live in center city, could help you with any ideas. Im going to tuesdays game only though.

My favorite bar is a block from where you are staying, I could show you two aground and a good time :)
Let me know if I can help,

Aug 13, 2008
I would probably say Stub it, because the Red Sox series is one of the quickest sellouts and one of the most desired tickets of the year. I would be leary of those selling tickets outside the stadium as I've heard stories about fake tickets being sold.

I have a buddy that has gone to a few Red Sox - Phillies games and has worn his hat at the game and hasn't got too much crap. Usually there will be some good natured back and forth during the game. Just don't be an @$$ because those are the guys that end up getting tormented.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I live in New Jersey 30 minutes from the stadium. If you want to eat higher end- got to The Palm restaurant right in Center City on Broad Street. If you want a good cheesesteak get them at the game at Tony Luke's. It will be a loooooong line so either get to the game early at 5:30 or wait until about the 5th inning and you'll get served right away. Also another great and fun place before the game is Chickies & Pete's which is walking distance from the stadium and they offer a free crab taxi that takes you to the stadium. They have fresh crabs, crab fries (you can also get crab fries at the stadium), Pizza (Lobster Pizza is the best), wings, sandwiches, etc. As far as tourist things too bad you don't have alot of time because Valley Forge isn't that far away from it. You can walk the actual battle grounds and log cabins that Geroge Washington and his troops lived...neat stuff. His house he lived in is on the grounds as well that you can go in. Craigslist is a good source of tickets. You can meet someone at the gate or even go to the gate two hours before the game and they may have some returned tickets from season ticket holders. Scalping is a bad idea. And I wouldn't wear Red Sox gear. I wear my Yankees stuff when I go ONLY when the Phils play the Red Sox because I can get away with it because we are both rooting against the Sox. I may get tickets still for the Phils/Sox next week. Got to check with my people....... ;)

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Liberty Bell
Independence Hall
Washington Square Park
Betsy Ross House
Art Museum
Love Park
Reading Terminal Market (some of the most amazing food here)

Enjoy your stay! I'll be at the game on Thursday.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
I've lived in philly (and the surrounding area) my entire life. I'll be going to the game on Wednesday. If you have ANY questions at all, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to help.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Tickets will be tough to get for the Sox. Sorry. I'd go StubHub beforehand to make sure. They sell out all regular games and with Boston in town, it'll be tougher.

and Load up on food before you get there. There's tons of food, but it all copies of the real places around town.

champb21

Jun 23, 2009
Craigslist southjersey. I would try mcfaddens,chickie and petes , there a pizza place that good near stadium

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
champb21 said:
Craigslist southjersey. I would try mcfaddens,chickie and petes , there a pizza place that good near stadium

That Pizza place would be Uncle Oogies...2119 Oregon Avenue...215-334-7499 and also there is Celebre's Pizza (almost next to Chickies and Pete's) in the same shopping center....

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If you take the train to the stadium ( I imagine you would) skip the whole Chickie and Petes scene. It's an awkward walk from train/shuttle to stadium/walk back to train..... and it's nothing special honestly.

If you want a killer burger, try this place. It's one block west and a half block north from your hotel. Stuffed with blue cheese and topped with caramelized onions, sweet potato fries with garlic aioli :mrgreen: http://www.gooddogbar.com/ They have an awesome duck pot pie too. And about 20 micro's on tap

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Oh, and as far as in park food goes, the Schmitter is the way to go. The cheesesteak places have long lines and they are just ok.

The secret is to get the Schmitter, from McNally's in Chestnut Hill. Under the First Baseline deck where it breaks with the Left Field Porch on the main concourse.

C:%5Cfakepath%5CschBP1.gif

Or go to Bull's BBQ, in the right field; grab some ribs and Luszinski himself is there at the end of the line, holding court every game signing anything you bring with you. Bring a ball, or a 81 Topps :p

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks again for everything!

Got my tickets!!!!!

Going to both Wednesday and Thursday games vs. the Red Sox. Sitting in section 124.

We're definately going to go for the Schmitter and some of Luzinskis BBQ!!!

Anybody want to meet up and have a cold one????

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
That looks so good. I'm so hungry.

Lancemountain said:
Oh, and as far as in park food goes, the Schmitter is the way to go. The cheesesteak places have long lines and they are just ok.

The secret is to get the Schmitter, from McNally's in Chestnut Hill. Under the First Baseline deck where it breaks with the Left Field Porch on the main concourse.

C:%5Cfakepath%5CschBP1.gif

Or go to Bull's BBQ, in the right field; grab some ribs and Luszinski himself is there at the end of the line, holding court every game signing anything you bring with you. Bring a ball, or a 81 Topps :p