Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay V. COMC... Fees analyzed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Re: Another COMC thread... Talk me out of sending cards to them.

I dont understand why you wouldnt want to send cards to them. I've made so much money selling cards I wouldn't even get 99c for on ebay. I feel their site is great and I wouldn't hesitate.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

Well that's not what I asked! :^)

HAHA!

because pacific is soft cornered rubbish and anyone who collects it is a complete and total bafoon with no brain matter and a peter the size of a toothpick. oh they also reek of wilted lettuce and burnt tupperware.

oh my god i just painted an accurate description of you using my words!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

Clint, you 'Canes lovin' redneck! I'm gonna punch you in the baby-maker. Stop muddying up my posts!

tonsofcommons said:
Clint, you 'Canes lovin' redneck! I'm gonna punch you in the baby-maker. Stop muddying up my posts!

you said to talk you out of it. i figured if i could retard your self esteem so much that you doubted every decision you made that you wouldnt send them in because of pure fear of failure. is my logic incorrect?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

notjomommasclint said:
tonsofcommons said:

you said to talk you out of it. i figured if i could retard your self esteem so much that you doubted every decision you made that you wouldnt send them in because of pure fear of failure. is my logic incorrect?

Only works if you are married to me.

Anyone with an INTELLIGENT response? :^)

ryanscardz

Jan 7, 2011
Waukee, Iowa

I would say if nobody is talking you out of it, then just send your cards there.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

HAHA!. Thanks Ryan! :^)

I am pretty much sold, I just have to crunch the numbers. 20 cents a card initial investment is the only thing that I am getting caught up on.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008

I'd love to send some stuff myself but I'm a tight *** and don't want to pay the storage fee every month.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

having never really checked COMC out I dont know if this is right or wrong

Arent you just giving someone free money by sending them your cards. If you hold them and list them when you feel like it its only costing you listing fees.

COMC is going to charge you storage fees and then they take a nice cut when you want to cash out (a guess here)

plus traffic, what kind of hits do they get compared to ebay.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area

The negatives the way I see it:

Up front costs
Storage fees
Cashout fees

And the big one for me....

What happens when you have 500 cards lefy, no one is buying them and you don't wnat to keep paying storage? Give em up for free? Send them back to you for way too much of a fee? Etc.

Skrip

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston

My only suggestion would be before sending them cards, do some research to see what kind of competition you have for those cards on the site already. If you can't beat the lowest price for a particular card, then it makes no sense to send it in since it won't likely sell. I generally only send in cards that I know will be unique to the site or that I can mark down 90% and have the lowest price on the site.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

I would probably pick someone to consign them to and have them sell them off for me.

Seems like its an ok way to move stuff but consigners probably move your stuff faster and perform the same service.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

The things I dont like is more fees than ebay and less eyes. And for me personally the whole sell off my crappy cards and buy cards I want sounds fantastic in theory, until I surf the site and notice the prices of the guys I collect are listed WAY above ebays prices so it really dont work for myself.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

All In Cards said:
having never really checked COMC out I dont know if this is right or wrong

Arent you just giving someone free money by sending them your cards. If you hold them and list them when you feel like it its only costing you listing fees.

COMC is going to charge you storage fees and then they take a nice cut when you want to cash out (a guess here)

plus traffic, what kind of hits do they get compared to ebay.

For cards that sell over $5, sure..COMC def isn't the way to go. But 95% of the cards out there sell for $5 or less and just isn't worth the time or hassle to list on a site like ebay.

COMC allows you to sell cards you wouldn't take the time to scan, list, package out, etc. Just send them off to COMC and let them do the work, collect whatever money you get, buy more cards, cash out, whatever you want.

Eddie, my suggestion would be to try it out. Just knowing with what cards you deal with often, COMC seems right up your alley.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

Well, I sat down and crunched some numbers and I think I am leaning towards shipping a 500 or 1000 cards.

It was fun crunching the numbers. Wish I would have gotten in on the $78 dollar deal though.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010

If you're going to the National - they always have great specials for show submissions. You also don't have to deal with shipping the cards which is a pain and additional expense. I am a big fan of COMC's services - the only negative would be the relatively high fees; but you have to consider how much time and effort you'd realistically spend on selling relatively low end cards.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa

I made a spreadsheet comparing the two if anyone is interested in seeing it

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... y=CKfkrp4K

Things that I took in to account

Each transaction on ebay would be an individual transaction (no combined shipping)
50% of the items would sell each month, with an average selling price of $1 each, so 50 cent average sale

Any suggestions to the spreadsheet is appreciated.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

Sending too many cards to COMC will cause an imbalance in the planet, resulting in a pronounced wobble that will cause things to fall off the top shelves in your house.

Latest posts