Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scanner Tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Hey guys, getting a new scanner, but looking for an all in one (scanner, copy, print)

I tried using the search function for the various threads on this subject, but search wasn't working.

Looking for a nice scanner that actually can scan cards well.

I remember something about Canonscan or something like that, but let me know what you guys use!

Tom

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
You want the scan feature to have a CCD element and the light source should be tube, not LED. Most mid-range and higher HP all-in-ones follow this rule of thumb.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I scanned most of my collection using a HP PSC1310, then I got a Epson Workforce 520 all in one. They seem to both work fine. Visit my site for a comparison. All of my Oswalts were done with the Epson, and All of my Biggios were done with the HP.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
BunchOBull said:
You want the scan feature to have a CCD element and the light source should be tube, not LED. Most mid-range and higher HP all-in-ones follow this rule of thumb.
all-in-ones do not have CCD elements

if you want to be able to scan slabs well, your choice is limited to stand-alone scanners

I have a HP G3110

1996SelectCertifiedMirrorRedPSA9.jpg
1964BazookaStampsPSA8.jpg

1940PlayBallBudThomasPSA7.jpg
1989BowmanPSA9.jpg

2007BDPPMoustakasRefractor95.jpg
2007BDPPMoustakasRefractor95back.jpg

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
I don't do too many slabs, so I am more concerned with crisp scans in general, doesn't need to be specifically for Slabs. But it would have to be an All in one.

Thanks

Members online

Latest posts