Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Vintage Mantle PC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I scanned a bunch of cards today from a recent PSA submission and came to the realization that I have a fairly decent Mantle PC of vintage cards. Thought I'd share. And for the haters (as there always are on FCB) that will bitch about the grades of these cards......I really don't give a **** about the grades. I will borrow a famous movie quote.........."They're real, they're spectacular, and they're mine."

scan0012.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
Maybe its just me, but I like when vintage looks loved. Awesome stuff!

You're right. I had a real hard time getting them all graded. I knew they wouldn't grade well and that wasn't the point. I just wanted some protection and authentication for them. It seems they're better fitted sittin in a shoe box somewhere.....and I love that about them. They've been touched, handled, molested.......like they should have been by some kid in the 50s and 60s!!!!

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
TBTwinsFan said:
~Those grades are awful, how could you!?!?!?!?!?!?!?~

(I kid)

In all seriousness, I am really jealous of the '58. That be one I need for the set.

yep, its one of 8 cards i need to finish my set

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I love mid-tier vintage. I have a good amount of very nice 8's and 9's which i normally acquire after the loved copies, but if anyone ever asks to see my stuff, the loved stuff always comes out.

It's just nicer to show and most people don't give a damn about condition and would much rather browse through a 50's set than stare at a single PSA8 Motley or something.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Very nice my man. Those are some great cards. THe 65 WS has such great color it looks like it was printed yesterday. A couple look like they have generous grades too. Thanks for sharing.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
TBTwinsFan said:
You are doing the set too? I am getting 40 some cards in next week, and I am trying to work out another 4-5 with someone

yep, i had most of it done about a year and a half ago but kind of put it on hold. Ill finish it at the natty this year. That Mantle Aaron is the most expensive one i need yet so im pretty much finished with it.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Nice cards!

Vintage collector myself and I always like them to look vintage, along the lines of the ones you have, and not the fresh out of the pack look.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
moxacaine said:
TBTwinsFan said:
You are doing the set too? I am getting 40 some cards in next week, and I am trying to work out another 4-5 with someone

yep, i had most of it done about a year and a half ago but kind of put it on hold. Ill finish it at the natty this year. That Mantle Aaron is the most expensive one i need yet so im pretty much finished with it.

What are some others you need? I will probably have a dupe or 2 after I get this lot in. I can send them your way if I get any you need.

I assume you need the more expensive ones though?

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
you sir...have some great looking Mantles! My fav is the '58 at the top, I'm pretty jealous! Nice PC!

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Very Nice Mickey Mantle collection. Love the Mantle/Aaron 58' World series batting Foes card, thats one of my favorite vintage cards out there.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008

I love it (formerly) Big E!!!!!!

I posted this thread with you in mind, brother....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts