Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jair Jurrjens Cy Young Frontrunner : Who would have thunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
Always thought he was due for a breakout year. A couple folks thought I was crazy about a month ago when I said he was the going to be the ace of the Braves talented staff.

He's never really lights out where you say "He's dealing tonight". But he's just so consistent.

Lot's of baseball left to play but at this point you gotta think he's starting the All-Star game next month.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
He is masterful at pitching himself out of jams. I think he had 3 times tonight with 2 runners on and no outs, and he allowed none of them to score.

Last year was really a lost year for him with injuries, but the year before that he was just as good as he is now. Tommy and him might end up stealing votes from each other if they both keep up the pace that they're on.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
blitzerlover said:
He is masterful at pitching himself out of jams. I think he had 3 times tonight with 2 runners on and no outs, and he allowed none of them to score.

Last year was really a lost year for him with injuries, but the year before that he was just as good as he is now. Tommy and him might end up stealing votes from each other if they both keep up the pace that they're on.

Yes he is masterful at escaping those predicaments. Tommy is pitching good also but he's hurt and will miss a couple of starts.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
If only the Tigers hadn't traded him for a pathetic season of Renteria. Verlander, Jurrjens, Scherzer, and Porcello would look pretty nice right now.

Members online

Latest posts