Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lost / Found Cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Over the years, I've seen countless threads here (and on the old BMB) about people who miraculously found cards that they forgot they ever had. Most times, it's some pretty expensive cards too. I've always thought..."Who the hell could forget they had cards that were worth a ton of cash? Who the hell misplaces them?"

Well, today it was my turn. I have a vague recollection of owning these cards. I know they came from a huge lot of vintage I bought 6 years ago. But, no real specific memory of the cards themselves. So today I was looking for something. Don't even ask me why in the world I looked in my wife's underwear drawer but I did. In there amongst the lacey thongs and such, I found these......

scan0046.jpg

scan0045.jpg

scan0044-1.jpg

scan0043.jpg

scan0042.jpg

scan0041.jpg

scan0040.jpg

scan0039.jpg

scan0038.jpg

scan0037.jpg

scan0036.jpg

scan0047.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't remember seeing those in that drawer... :oops:

That's a cool find man. I'm hoping one day to find my Yount/Molitor Artifacts dual auto-GU #/10.

Maybe I'll go look in my underwear drawer.

Buck15_24

Jun 11, 2011
those are some awesome finds!! and that koufax at the bottom is something I wish I could find lol

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Mahoody said:
Very nice stash you found there !!

Umm.... I sure hope they still have that ol' bubble gum smell to them though

Actually, they smell fruity and fresh......that's a good sign. :D

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Very cool find Shanks! Really like the 69 Aaron! Great color! Good thing you didn;t find anything odd in that drawer....

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
i have a good one you you! in 1987 i had a friend of mine that did remodeling.do the basement of our victorian home built in 1890.we put all new floors walls duct work and lighting in when we were doing the sheetrock, just for kicks i went and got a 100 cards i had wrapped in wax papper and put in a baggie and put in the rafters before closing the wall,on a ledge under the drop ceiling. no one knows they are there but me. thay are all 52 topps high numbers in mint! i got them at a card shop years before and they cost me about 20 bucks at the time. that house is now on the market in foreclosure. when i go to the national. i am going to look at the house.there was alot more remodling done to the kitchen but had no picks of the basement.wounder if they are still in that rafter behind the dry wall under the drop ceiling. i hope the house is still on the market, this could be interesting.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
Where's "The Wes Hodges Reverend" or whatever his name is?

Dude somehow finds a Pujols Bowman Chrome AU or LeBron Exquisite AU/JSY every other day.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
shanks25 said:
Mahoody said:

Fruity? What kind of fruit? Seems odd. Might not be a good sign.

jbrown said:
shanks25 said:
Mahoody said:

Fruity? What kind of fruit? Seems odd. Might not be a good sign.

Cherries & bananas would be ok I guess....pineapples on the other hand I would worry a little

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts