Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

al alburquerque is a relief pitcher and his record is 5-1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
with a 1.95 era and like over 15k/9ip. thats crazy!!1 why arent there more threads about this guy i think ive started them all? maybe cuz he doesnt have any baseball cards

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
jeremy said:
with a 1.95 era and like over 15k/9ip. thats crazy!!1 why arent there more threads about this guy i think ive started them all? maybe cuz he doesnt have any baseball cards

You should start the fcb Al Alburquerque fan club. Count me in as a member.

It's totally messed up that AA doesn't have a card yet.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
archiebunkerjr said:
jeremy said:

You should start the fcb Al Alburquerque fan club. Count me in as a member.

It's totally messed up that AA doesn't have a card yet.

i know right? im hoping hes in topps update

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Look at David Robertson, he hasn't had a card since 2009.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/2917 ... -robertson

14.47k/9ip
1.15 ERA

He has allowed one run in June, one in May, and two in April.

Neither have allowed a HR on the season.

The most astonishing part....

Al Alburquerque - ERA+ 186
David Robertson - ERA+ 346

Mariano Rivera has the highest career ERA+ at 205. 346 is off the charts awesome!

Robertson walks (and inherits) a lot of runners, but he gets into K mode when they get on base. Does anyone remember Game 2 of the 2009 ALDS? The bases were loaded in the top of the 11th and with no outs and Robertson came in and shut the door allowing no runs to score.

http://www.highsocksforhope.com/

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I've got a few people at the office talking about him. We got a new client named Al Alverez (or something similar) and I said "Not quite as cool as Al Alburquerque." Nobody believed me that he was a real MLB player.

vwnut13 said:
Mariano Rivera has the highest career ERA+ at 205. 346 is off the charts awesome!

I was thinking about this recently when Mariano lost a game. His ERA is deceptively low, it should be much higher. Everybody has a bad night, it can really mess up your ERA. UNLESS of course, you only pitch in the last inning. Then when you let 1 or 2 runs score, the game ends. Who knows how many more runs he would have allowed?

It was this game that inspired these thoughts: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 5280.shtml May 28 @ Seattle

When the game ended, there was 1 out and the bases were loaded... if it was a different situation, let's say the top half of the 12th, or in the 8th inning... they would have brought in Chamberlain and all 3 of those runs would have scored.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
RL24 said:
I've got a few people at the office talking about him. We got a new client named Al Alverez (or something similar) and I said "Not quite as cool as Al Alburquerque." Nobody believed me that he was a real MLB player.

vwnut13 said:

I was thinking about this recently when Mariano lost a game. His ERA is deceptively low, it should be much higher. Everybody has a bad night, it can really mess up your ERA. UNLESS of course, you only pitch in the last inning. Then when you let 1 or 2 runs score, the game ends. Who knows how many more runs he would have allowed?

It was this game that inspired these thoughts: http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 5280.shtml May 28 @ Seattle

When the game ended, there was 1 out and the bases were loaded... if it was a different situation, let's say the top half of the 12th, or in the 8th inning... they would have brought in Chamberlain and all 3 of those runs would have scored.

Are you talking about David Robertson or Mariano Rivera? :lol:

Latest posts